How to untethered jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 on iOS 5.0.1 & iOS 5.0

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Have the camera roll issue too... i'm gonna restore and wait a few days til all the bugs and commotion calms down lol

woody88

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
hey guys, so i encountered the error on database. i had to go into vpn to turn the toggle on. I had a old vpn connection and saw a new connection for jailbreak, turned it on, and it rebooted. everything seemed to work ok after that.

But i do notice now, that I cannot go into that vpn setting at all, at this time. it would flash briefly on the settings pane, but then nothing happens. toggle it on at the pane, does nothing as well. does anybody know what is going on? thank you in advance.

EDIT: nevermind, figured it all out. I had an expired VPN account in the settings. Had to go into network settings to wipe out that old VPN configuration. I think we are good now!

Last edited:

beeray

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Do I have to download the file ios5.0.1 also? Sorry but I am confused about it. There were two files, the ios5.0.1 and the jb file.

Sara

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Worried about? technically it voids your warranty, but you can always unjailbreak/factory reset the phone if you are to take it in.

Can you update your phone's software? No, unless the jailbreak gets updated as well.

Negatives: voiding warranty, possibility of spending way to many hours finding tweaks for your phone. And sometimes those tweaks just don't work, so from time to time you have to rejailbreak the entire device over again if you are locked out of the device. Sometimes a pain, but overall it's worth it.

Jailbreaking adds some hacks to the phone that I couldn't go a day without. I use SBSettings about every 30 minutes. Just depends on your style of iPhone use.
Hope I was helpful. :D

Techincally... it doesn't void your warranty or at least with Apple USA. The one time that Apple can deny a warranty claim, is if your phone cant be recovered due to JB. I have done a warranty swap while JB. I had a dead pixel. Since a dead pixel was not releated to JB, they swapped even though it was Jailbroken.

anon(4692575)

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
so that means i wont be able to update to the next official os update from apple? my
No, you can always update to the latest official firmware but you will lose your jailbreak. If you want to jailbreak it again on the firmware, you'll have to redo the jailbreak process when and if the firmware is jailbroken. Since that can take a while (we've been waiting for an iOS 5 jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 since the beginning of October), I'd advise you to only update to a new firmware (for example iOS 5.1 that will come out in a few weeks) if you really have to or if it's been jailbroken. Hope this clears things up!

Artric

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
OK, so I haven't been able to try all of the steps from thebigboss.org listed (that's next), because I've been backing up my iPad to get ready to update to 5.0.1.

Anyway, I had been trying repeatedly on my iPhone 4S (what I had been using before), and finally got the greenpoison site to load... but that's all it did. It loaded their web site, and nothing else happened.

Anyone else run into this?

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
new problem, now my mail icon is solid white after jail break

That actually has happened to me with Cydia icon and Calculator icon.
I narrowed it down to sbsettings issue when I respring. It happens randomly. I just reboot my 4S and them respring from sbsettings and the icons are back. This happened to me before on my tethered 5.0 jailbreak for iPhone 4.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chaser1337

Chaser1337

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
That actually has happened to me with Cydia icon and Calculator icon.
I narrowed it down to sbsettings issue when I respring. It happens randomly. I just reboot my 4S and them respring from sbsettings and the icons are back. This happened to me before on my tethered 5.0 jailbreak for iPhone 4.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info! I just downloaded winterboard and after it rebooted the icon was normal again.

chronictacos

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
okay gotcha, i have been having the worst of luck with battery life issues i cant get more than 5 hrs on my iphone. ill charge 100% over night wake up to 80something% from stand by or idle i know i have battery life issues i just want my iphone to last me a full day like my other friends do. the reason for the jail break is so i can tether while at work...

No, you can always update to the latest official firmware but you will lose your jailbreak. If you want to jailbreak it again on the firmware, you'll have to redo the jailbreak process when and if the firmware is jailbroken. Since that can take a while (we've been waiting for an iOS 5 jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 since the beginning of October), I'd advise you to only update to a new firmware (for example iOS 5.1 that will come out in a few weeks) if you really have to or if it's been jailbroken. Hope this clears things up!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Techincally... it doesn't void your warranty or at least with Apple USA. The one time that Apple can deny a warranty claim, is if your phone cant be recovered due to JB. I have done a warranty swap while JB. I had a dead pixel. Since a dead pixel was not releated to JB, they swapped even though it was Jailbroken.

This is true. They can't void your hardware warranty.

querjh123

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Ipad 2 Jailbreak Works

Jailbreak worked for me on my ipad 2 5.0.1..... No issues as of yet. Wifi is working fine. Have already installed some tweeks from Cydia :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods