I have a verizon iphone 4S and I jailbroke it successfully but after like 30 minutes my network went out I have had no service showing for 8 hours+ straight!!! WTF is up?
    01-21-2012 01:14 AM
    damn i feel like the dumbest noob on this site. I just figuered out how to fix it...

(1) Go in to Network Settings (2) Disable data roaming and voice roaming (3) Re-enable whatever settings you prefer
    problem solved for me lol. hope this helps someone else out who has a brain fart.
    01-21-2012 01:20 AM
    I have one concern, if we jailbreak and then restore to wipe everything and start a new device (so no restore from a back up) are we sure there is nothing that jailbreak has changed that we cant modify ? Like really deep files in the system ? I don't like to apply something and not knowing what exactly this thing do... Maybe this is something we should ask to the developers
    01-21-2012 04:37 AM
    Ive tried twice so far at two different times to jailbreak. After 15 minutes, its still hung up at the beginning of the jailbreak prompt. The directions indicate that Absinthe should be ticking along, but mine literally travels to maybe 9% and just parks there.

AT&T iPhone 4GS, 32 black (though not much concern for color when jailbreaking i imagine).

Anyone else having a similar problem? Is it because Greenpois0n is down?
    01-21-2012 08:53 AM
    did anyone try to jb on windows with CLI Absinthe? I'm gonna do it in a few moments just wanyed to confirm...
    01-21-2012 09:17 AM
    Anyone have the problem of not being able to open absinthe after it downloads? My mac is teling me it can't open bc no available application is able to open it. My phone is connected to the computer.
    01-21-2012 09:38 AM
    I'm getting the same error when trying to open after download.
    01-21-2012 09:52 AM
    good news for Windows users "Windows version should come within few hours."
    01-21-2012 10:03 AM
    Ive tried twice so far at two different times to jailbreak. After 15 minutes, its still hung up at the beginning of the jailbreak prompt. The directions indicate that Absinthe should be ticking along, but mine literally travels to maybe 9% and just parks there.

AT&T iPhone 4GS, 32 black (though not much concern for color when jailbreaking i imagine).

Anyone else having a similar problem? Is it because Greenpois0n is down?
    A lot of people are having this issue. I had this issue with my Ipad 2. What I finally tried was, go to settings, general, and reset on my Ipad 2, and chose to "Erase ALL Content and Settings", then from my Ipad 2, I restored from my Ipad 2 Icloud backup. I then waiting for all apps to sync through Icloud, then I reconnected to my Mac, opened Absinthe, and it worked.
    01-21-2012 10:17 AM
    ok this tool for windows works perfectly just did it myself. cydiahelp.com/jailbreak-5.0.1-untethered-ipad-2-iphone-4s-on-windows-with-cli-absinthe-tool-guide
    it does not add absynthe icon however . it adds cydia icon just follow the instructions to the latter the process takes a few more mins after step 7. enjoy guys!
    P.S.
    Lol apparently i cant insert links here as my score is less than ten so just copy it
    RawisTheGameHhH likes this.
    01-21-2012 10:19 AM
    I am truly gutless when it comes to jail breaking. My question is, has this impacted the battery life? I do know that it depends on the apps installed, just a general conclusion.

Beeray
    01-21-2012 11:05 AM
    ok this tool for windows works perfectly just did it myself. cydiahelp.com/jailbreak-5.0.1-untethered-ipad-2-iphone-4s-on-windows-with-cli-absinthe-tool-guide
    it does not add absynthe icon however . it adds cydia icon just follow the instructions to the latter the process takes a few more mins after step 7. enjoy guys!
    P.S.
    Lol apparently i cant insert links here as my score is less than ten so just copy it
    does it jailbreak it or just add cydia?
    01-21-2012 11:21 AM
    Finally got it working. Had to do it on a different computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-21-2012 11:31 AM
    does it jailbreak it or just add cydia?
    jailbreaks of course... how can cydia exists without one...
    01-21-2012 11:34 AM
    Absinthe hasn't been updated yet for Windows users, but redsn0w CLI has - posted a tutorial with links here -

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreak-un...li-method.html
    01-21-2012 11:48 AM
    when will the command lines finish? my iPad has already rebooted when i turned the vpn on but the command line is still up; in addition my calendar icon has no color like it normally does???
    01-21-2012 12:06 PM
    when will the command lines finish? my iPad has already rebooted when i turned the vpn on but the command line is still up; in addition my calendar icon has no color like it normally does???
    The no icon thing has been an issue for a while. A simple respring should fix it.

It can take a while from what I understand. The more stuff you have on your device I guess the longer it can take. Just make sure you see a file mover message before you do anything further.
    RawisTheGameHhH likes this.
    01-21-2012 12:13 PM
    The no icon thing has been an issue for a while. A simple respring should fix it.

It can take a while from what I understand. The more stuff you have on your device I guess the longer it can take. Just make sure you see a file mover message before you do anything further.
    thanks; i am currently restoring my iPad back to the normal state; guess i will wait for the program to come out for Windows
    01-21-2012 12:15 PM
    A lot of people are having this issue. I had this issue with my Ipad 2. What I finally tried was, go to settings, general, and reset on my Ipad 2, and chose to "Erase ALL Content and Settings", then from my Ipad 2, I restored from my Ipad 2 Icloud backup. I then waiting for all apps to sync through Icloud, then I reconnected to my Mac, opened Absinthe, and it worked.
    It's going now. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar and, if you so request, I will dance with you at your wedding.
    01-21-2012 12:33 PM
    when you have access to cydia and get into it and use it you can disconnect the ipad from pc. command line doesnt say that the process is done.
    01-21-2012 12:34 PM
    has anyone noticed that sound is only coming from one of the speakers from the bottom of their phone? not a major problem, i havn't tried earbuds yet so don't know if it affects them as well.
    01-21-2012 12:43 PM
    has anyone noticed that sound is only coming from one of the speakers from the bottom of their phone? not a major problem, i havn't tried earbuds yet so don't know if it affects them as well.
    There is only one speaker. The other is a microphone goose.
    01-21-2012 01:01 PM
    That's the way it's always been. Jailbroken or not. One is your speaker one is the mic. This has been the case with every iPhone ever released.
    01-21-2012 01:05 PM
    I may try the command line jailbreak again; but the directions on cydiahelp are garbage; no clue when to turn the VPN on since the command line really never stops; very confusing; just hoping for a simple tool like mac to be released soon
    01-21-2012 01:17 PM
    I may try the command line jailbreak again; but the directions on cydiahelp are garbage; no clue when to turn the VPN on since the command line really never stops; very confusing; just hoping for a simple tool like mac to be released soon
    it is really very simple. just turn on vpn at step 7 read the comments ppl leave below you dont even have to type those commands just copy and paste to cmd. you'll be done in 12 minutes... once you have the cydia icon and you tap on it and it asks you to choose your profile, this is the moment you can close the command line even if its not finished and disconnect your ipad/iphone... i used to reload OSs on my blackberries and android phones and root them, this is nothing compared to that it really is that simple...
    Last edited by dalvik; 01-21-2012 at 01:35 PM.
    01-21-2012 01:33 PM
151 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD