new problem, now my mail icon is solid white after jail break
    That actually has happened to me with Cydia icon and Calculator icon.
    I narrowed it down to sbsettings issue when I respring. It happens randomly. I just reboot my 4S and them respring from sbsettings and the icons are back. This happened to me before on my tethered 5.0 jailbreak for iPhone 4.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Chaser1337 likes this.
    01-20-2012 05:42 PM
    That actually has happened to me with Cydia icon and Calculator icon.
    I narrowed it down to sbsettings issue when I respring. It happens randomly. I just reboot my 4S and them respring from sbsettings and the icons are back. This happened to me before on my tethered 5.0 jailbreak for iPhone 4.

Thanks for the info! I just downloaded winterboard and after it rebooted the icon was normal again.
    01-20-2012 05:47 PM
    okay gotcha, i have been having the worst of luck with battery life issues i cant get more than 5 hrs on my iphone. ill charge 100% over night wake up to 80something% from stand by or idle i know i have battery life issues i just want my iphone to last me a full day like my other friends do. the reason for the jail break is so i can tether while at work...

No, you can always update to the latest official firmware but you will lose your jailbreak. If you want to jailbreak it again on the firmware, you'll have to redo the jailbreak process when and if the firmware is jailbroken. Since that can take a while (we've been waiting for an iOS 5 jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 since the beginning of October), I'd advise you to only update to a new firmware (for example iOS 5.1 that will come out in a few weeks) if you really have to or if it's been jailbroken. Hope this clears things up!
    01-20-2012 06:03 PM
    Techincally... it doesn't void your warranty or at least with Apple USA. The one time that Apple can deny a warranty claim, is if your phone cant be recovered due to JB. I have done a warranty swap while JB. I had a dead pixel. Since a dead pixel was not releated to JB, they swapped even though it was Jailbroken.
    This is true. They can't void your hardware warranty.
    01-20-2012 06:35 PM
    Looks like the Windows version is available.
    01-20-2012 06:37 PM
    Saweet got a link??

01-20-2012 06:39 PM
    link please? all i see is this "Download Greenpois0n Absinthe for Windows (Uploading...)"

but its said uploading since they released the mac version
    Last edited by RawisTheGameHhH; 01-20-2012 at 06:42 PM.
    01-20-2012 06:40 PM
    anyone get the link? I cant even get greenpoison.com to load, the servers are probably getting slammed though.....
    01-20-2012 06:55 PM
    Does anyone have an issue with losing wifi concoction?
    01-20-2012 07:00 PM
    Jailbreak worked for me on my ipad 2 5.0.1..... No issues as of yet. Wifi is working fine. Have already installed some tweeks from Cydia
    01-20-2012 07:06 PM
    anyone get the link? I cant even get greenpoison.com to load, the servers are probably getting slammed though.....
    its not available; not a single tweet about it or on the limera1n website
    01-20-2012 07:08 PM
    I'm surprised no one else is posting, but here are MUCH BETTER AND MORE CLEAR instructions for fixing the problem from thebigboss.org:

Note: for those having problems, these steps worked for me on my stubborn device:
    1) After the JB fails to do anything, reboot the iphone
    2) Close absinthe on your mac
    3) Rerun absinthe and it should detect the device and say that it noticed a jailbreak attempt failed and say it has recovered.
    4) Reboot the device again, and close absinthe again
    5) Rerun the jailbreak tool, it will rerun as it did in the first place.
    6) After its done and says to tap the jailbreak icon do not do that! Instead go to your device, load settings, and click the vpn setting to on. Wait. The device should pop up and error and then respring about 30 seconds after the error.
    7) If the device never resprings in step 6, repeat the steps above again until it works.

I'm about to try them now...
    Thanks!!! This solved the error issue. Worked 1st try. Thanks again!
    01-20-2012 07:21 PM
    Not funny.
    01-20-2012 08:07 PM
    absinthe could not open the page because the server stopped responding...... thats the message i keep getting. Should i just keep trying or is there something I'm doing wrong
    01-20-2012 08:10 PM
    Is there any issues with Jailbreaking with a Macbook but syncing with a PC afterwards?
    01-20-2012 08:11 PM
    I've tried it on 2 different Macs, and after 5-20 minutes, it just crashes. Doesn't get past "Beginning Jailbreak" I've rebooted several times, and I've erased my Ipad 2, same thing.
    01-20-2012 08:27 PM
    I have a MAC and downloaded the jailbreak file. I open it and a green folder opens then the absinthe file appears. I open it and it crashes every time? Not sure if it's me or something wrong with the file. I have jailbroke many of phones before so not sure what's up?? Any help?
    01-20-2012 09:01 PM
    I have a MAC and downloaded the jailbreak file. I open it and a green folder opens then the absinthe file appears. I open it and it crashes every time? Not sure if it's me or something wrong with the file. I have jailbroke many of phones before so not sure what's up?? Any help?
    What it does for me is get stuck on "beginning jailbreak...."....then crashes at some point.
    01-20-2012 09:04 PM
    For me I'm not able to download apps from the app store.... iTunes tells me I have the wrong password...
    01-20-2012 09:36 PM
    I have biteSMS back in my life. All is well with the world again.
    01-20-2012 09:48 PM
    still no windows; thanks for lying earlier
    01-20-2012 09:57 PM
    Not funny.
    I wasn't joking. It was showing as loading on the greenp0is0n site.
    01-20-2012 09:59 PM
    I wasn't joking. It was showing as loading on the greenp0is0n site.
    the site no one can access??? plus one of the guys would have tweeted about it i am sure.
    01-20-2012 09:59 PM
    My question is more regarding the need to restore before re-jail breaking. Should I restore the iPad as a new iPad running 5.0.1 before jail breaking?
    I don't think a restore is necessary unless you've had it jailbroken before. Sounds like you have. I've personally never had issues just updating and re-jailbreaking but I know some people do. I guess I'm saying that a restore isn't a bad idea.

It will rule out potential problems.
    01-20-2012 10:43 PM
    I don't think a restore is necessary unless you've had it jailbroken before. Sounds like you have. I've personally never had issues just updating and re-jailbreaking but I know some people do. I guess I'm saying that a restore isn't a bad idea.

It will rule out potential problems.
    Im new to jailbreaking, backing up, tech stuff. I currently have a stock iPhone 16GB 3GS, I'm almost certain or at least would feel better backing up my phone before I jailbreak, only because it's an older version. My question to you is what are the details in backing my phone up? Is it the same as syncing to iTunes? Like I said Im new to this stuff, hahaha.
    01-21-2012 12:05 AM
151 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD