My ipad2 is jailbroken on iOS 4. Do you recommend doing a full restore and updating to 5.0.1 and then jail breaking with absinthe?
    I would to add iOS 5 features : ) Why not?
    01-20-2012 02:57 PM
    Can't open Cydia App. Can't rejailbreak because mac app says I'm already an untethered jailbroken device. Any clues?
    Sounds to me like something went wrong during the jailbreak process. I'd recommend restoring and jailbreaking fresh.
    01-20-2012 02:58 PM
    I would to add iOS 5 features : ) Why not?
    My question is more regarding the need to restore before re-jail breaking. Should I restore the iPad as a new iPad running 5.0.1 before jail breaking?
    01-20-2012 03:10 PM
    I have the Absinthe icon on my springboard but it keeps saying error stablishing database connection, even after turning the VPN setting on...
    01-20-2012 03:10 PM
    I have the Absinthe icon on my springboard but it keeps saying error stablishing database connection, even after turning the VPN setting on...
    Same here... Boo...

edit:
    Now it's just pulling up a plain white screen. Its not even saying database error
    01-20-2012 03:21 PM
    just saw they updated the jailbreak; not sure what's changed v1.2.2; still mac only Jailbreak IPhone 4S / iPad 2 5.0.1 Untethered with Greenpois0n Absinthe - Jailbreak 5.1 / 5.0.1 / 5 / 4.3.5 / 4.3.2 / 4.3.3 / 4.3.4 Untethered - iPad 2 Jailbreak

glad they are getting the bugs out before releasing the Windows version
    01-20-2012 03:34 PM
    I think I've just lost all of my photos!!

I did everything as instructed. I have the icon on my phone, but my pictures aren't there. I rebooted, they're still not there. I even reconnected it to iTunes, and the bar that showed gigs of pictures now dropped to pretty much nothing.

I haven't been able to run the icon yet, because I'm more concerned about my pictures... any help?

I ran a full backup to iCloud before I did the sync... how can I tell if my photos are on there? I'm really hoping that syncing them isn't turned off!!!

Anyone have this problem that was able to get their stuff back?

Thanks...
    RawisTheGameHhH likes this.
    01-20-2012 03:39 PM
    I think I've just lost all of my photos!!

I did everything as instructed. I have the icon on my phone, but my pictures aren't there. I rebooted, they're still not there. I even reconnected it to iTunes, and the bar that showed gigs of pictures now dropped to pretty much nothing.

I haven't been able to run the icon yet, because I'm more concerned about my pictures... any help?

I ran a full backup to iCloud before I did the sync... how can I tell if my photos are on there? I'm really hoping that syncing them isn't turned off!!!

Anyone have this problem that was able to get their stuff back?

Thanks...
    Fix Camera Roll Error on iPhone 4S / iPad 2 When Jailbreaking 5.0.1 Untethered with Absinthe Greenpois0n - Jailbreak 5.1 / 5.0.1 / 5 / 4.3.5 / 4.3.2 / 4.3.3 / 4.3.4 Untethered - iPad 2 Jailbreak
    01-20-2012 03:39 PM
    OK... so I just checked my iCloud backup options, and my photos are backed up there. What can I do to get them back on my device?

Thanks so much in advance to anyone who can help!!!
    01-20-2012 03:40 PM
    Download it here if greenpois0n's website isn't working: absinthe-mac-0.1.2-2-1.zip - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage!
    01-20-2012 03:52 PM
    I've tried the database fix using the VPN option multiple times, and have also rebooted the device with no go. I keep getting the error message. Anyone else running into the same thing?

And if I'm more concerned with just getting my images off of iCloud - how can I access them? Is the only option to just restore to a fresh 5.0.1?

EDIT: My images finally came back!

Incase anyone else is in my shoes...

1. I gave up on the original version of the jailbreak and trashed it.
    2. I launched the new version and clicked the button to "fix" my jailbreak.
    3. Turned off and turned back on my iPhone.
    4. They were back! Now running image capture to download to the computer incase anything permanent happens...
    Last edited by Artric; 01-20-2012 at 04:07 PM.
    01-20-2012 04:01 PM
    I'm surprised no one else is posting, but here are MUCH BETTER AND MORE CLEAR instructions for fixing the problem from thebigboss.org:

Note: for those having problems, these steps worked for me on my stubborn device:
    1) After the JB fails to do anything, reboot the iphone
    2) Close absinthe on your mac
    3) Rerun absinthe and it should detect the device and say that it noticed a jailbreak attempt failed and say it has recovered.
    4) Reboot the device again, and close absinthe again
    5) Rerun the jailbreak tool, it will rerun as it did in the first place.
    6) After its done and says to tap the jailbreak icon do not do that! Instead go to your device, load settings, and click the vpn setting to on. Wait. The device should pop up and error and then respring about 30 seconds after the error.
    7) If the device never resprings in step 6, repeat the steps above again until it works.

I'm about to try them now...
    rahjahz likes this.
    01-20-2012 04:37 PM
    Ok so I downloaded new file of Absinthe and it says to plug in device so I plug my iPhone 4S on 5.0.1 and the jailbreak button is not working anybody else getting this? I can't even start the jailbreak and I'm dying here please help.
    01-20-2012 04:41 PM
    Does anyone know how much longer it takes for the windows version to roll out?
    01-20-2012 04:53 PM
    so that means i wont be able to update to the next official os update from apple? my

Worried about? technically it voids your warranty, but you can always unjailbreak/factory reset the phone if you are to take it in.

Can you update your phone's software? No, unless the jailbreak gets updated as well.

Negatives: voiding warranty, possibility of spending way to many hours finding tweaks for your phone. And sometimes those tweaks just don't work, so from time to time you have to rejailbreak the entire device over again if you are locked out of the device. Sometimes a pain, but overall it's worth it.

Jailbreaking adds some hacks to the phone that I couldn't go a day without. I use SBSettings about every 30 minutes. Just depends on your style of iPhone use.
    Hope I was helpful.
    01-20-2012 04:59 PM
    Have the camera roll issue too... i'm gonna restore and wait a few days til all the bugs and commotion calms down lol
    01-20-2012 05:00 PM
    works great with the second download. if you are trying to use 0.2.1 update to the newer version released.
    01-20-2012 05:01 PM
    also "lost" my camera roll but the new version recovered it no problem, no need to worry if it happens to you
    01-20-2012 05:03 PM
    hey guys, so i encountered the error on database. i had to go into vpn to turn the toggle on. I had a old vpn connection and saw a new connection for jailbreak, turned it on, and it rebooted. everything seemed to work ok after that.

But i do notice now, that I cannot go into that vpn setting at all, at this time. it would flash briefly on the settings pane, but then nothing happens. toggle it on at the pane, does nothing as well. does anybody know what is going on? thank you in advance.

EDIT: nevermind, figured it all out. I had an expired VPN account in the settings. Had to go into network settings to wipe out that old VPN configuration. I think we are good now!
    Last edited by woody88; 01-20-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    01-20-2012 05:04 PM
    Do I have to download the file ios5.0.1 also? Sorry but I am confused about it. There were two files, the ios5.0.1 and the jb file.

Sara
    Last edited by beeray; 01-20-2012 at 05:14 PM.
    01-20-2012 05:08 PM
    Worried about? technically it voids your warranty, but you can always unjailbreak/factory reset the phone if you are to take it in.

Can you update your phone's software? No, unless the jailbreak gets updated as well.

Negatives: voiding warranty, possibility of spending way to many hours finding tweaks for your phone. And sometimes those tweaks just don't work, so from time to time you have to rejailbreak the entire device over again if you are locked out of the device. Sometimes a pain, but overall it's worth it.

Jailbreaking adds some hacks to the phone that I couldn't go a day without. I use SBSettings about every 30 minutes. Just depends on your style of iPhone use.
    Hope I was helpful.
    Techincally... it doesn't void your warranty or at least with Apple USA. The one time that Apple can deny a warranty claim, is if your phone cant be recovered due to JB. I have done a warranty swap while JB. I had a dead pixel. Since a dead pixel was not releated to JB, they swapped even though it was Jailbroken.
    01-20-2012 05:09 PM
    so that means i wont be able to update to the next official os update from apple? my
    No, you can always update to the latest official firmware but you will lose your jailbreak. If you want to jailbreak it again on the firmware, you'll have to redo the jailbreak process when and if the firmware is jailbroken. Since that can take a while (we've been waiting for an iOS 5 jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 since the beginning of October), I'd advise you to only update to a new firmware (for example iOS 5.1 that will come out in a few weeks) if you really have to or if it's been jailbroken. Hope this clears things up!
    01-20-2012 05:19 PM
    For anyone having issues getting to the greenpois0n page for the new 1.2.2 version, here's a direct link:

http://jailbreaktools.com/downloads/...he-0.1.2.2.zip
    Stephxieh likes this.
    01-20-2012 05:32 PM
    new problem, now my mail icon is solid white after jail break
    01-20-2012 05:34 PM
    OK, so I haven't been able to try all of the steps from thebigboss.org listed (that's next), because I've been backing up my iPad to get ready to update to 5.0.1.

Anyway, I had been trying repeatedly on my iPhone 4S (what I had been using before), and finally got the greenpoison site to load... but that's all it did. It loaded their web site, and nothing else happened.

Anyone else run into this?
    01-20-2012 05:39 PM
151 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD