01-20-2012 02:38 AM
    anybody familiar with android rooting should feel right at home with this jailbreak... However most iUsers are going to be COMPLETELY OVERWHELMED by a command line jailbreak!!!!
    This forum is going to BLOW UP with "help me, I bricked my 4s" threads!!!
    01-20-2012 05:41 AM
    From pod2g's blog that he posted minutes ago, he said "some hours". I like the name of the new tool to jailbreak A5 devices. It's called "Absinthe". LOL
    01-20-2012 09:34 AM
    anybody familiar with android rooting should feel right at home with this jailbreak... However most iUsers are going to be COMPLETELY OVERWHELMED by a command line jailbreak!!!!
    This forum is going to BLOW UP with "help me, I bricked my 4s" threads!!!
    Well, all I can say is that I'm glad I came from the Android world. A command line format is 2nd nature to me
    And OMG yes I can foresee the forums exploding about bricked phones.

EDIT: Something I just thought to add. I find it a bit irritating that this JB also works for 5.0.
    There are a lot of folks out there that want a carrier unlock via SW, and if they've updated to 5.0.1, they may have to wait longer. As for me, I really wanted to stay on 5.0 as my battery life was spectacular... but @pod2g insisted that we all update to 5.0.1 if we wanted the untethered JB.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic we 4S users are getting the JB in a matter of hours... but, I dunno, just felt like ranting a bit. /rant
    Last edited by ChaosShadow; 01-20-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    01-20-2012 10:08 AM
    no.. its not JUST a command line... there are 2 tools. Absinthe (the normal one) that uses the backup/restore of itunes to pull off the JB. and then a Command line too also, in case something goes wrong.

"A tool named Absinthe and developped by the Chronic Dev Team will install the untether on your device. Also the iPhone Dev Team will release a CLI (command line) tool to help diagnose issues and repair things if it goes wrong."
    ChaosShadow and 3cit like this.
    01-20-2012 10:14 AM
    no.. its not JUST a command line... there are 2 tools. Absinthe (the normal one) that uses the backup/restore of itunes to pull off the JB. and then a Command line too also, in case something goes wrong.

"A tool named Absinthe and developped by the Chronic Dev Team will install the untether on your device. Also the iPhone Dev Team will release a CLI (command line) tool to help diagnose issues and repair things if it goes wrong."
    Good catch! I skimmed past that part, and misinterpreted it. Thanks for pointing that out
    01-20-2012 10:17 AM
    Idk why people keep saying its only for 5.0. The untethered works on 5.01 as well. Theres no additional waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-20-2012 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD