Problem with Random Reboots

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
hello, Im untethered on 5.0.1(IP4), and in the past few days have been having problems with random reboots, they happen at least twice a day, Does anyone know of any tweak or cydia app that causes such an issue?, can the problem be that I have too many tweaks? Help will be greatly appreciated.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
process of elimination: start removing apps/tweaks you have loaded "in the past few days" to see if it stops

also, if you list all of your tweaks here then maybe someone else who had, or has, a similar issue can chime in

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It would be easier to troubleshoot with a list of your installed jailbreak apps.
(Screenshots from Cydia are fine.)

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
this is the list, from my packages, and below, some tweaks and apps I uninstalled previously, just to improve performance or because I did not really need them, thank you in advance:

action menu
action menu plus pack
activator
adblocker
addcallhistory
airplane sbsettings
anylockapp
applist
apt 0.7 https method
attachment saver
barrel
battery detective
benm.at source gui
brightness switcher
bug fix: duplicate icons
bug fix: stuck pages
caller id sbsettings
camera locker
crash reporter
cydelete
cydia installer
cydia translations
cylay(some what newish)
default hd sbsettings
display recorder
display out
erica utilities
fake carrier
five icon dock
folder enhancer
gridtab for safari
icaughu pro
ifile
lastapp
mail more photos
mobile substrate
multiIconmover
no bookmarks
nowlistening(new)
parallax
personal hotspot sbsettings
pkgbackup
reset safari for sbsettings
safari upload enabler
sbsettings
series sbsettings hd
SIManager
sleepFX
snes9x(new)
substrate safe mode
syslogd(unknown but from telesphoreo)
wifi passwords
3g unrestrictor 5
140plus twitter

uninstalled

zephyr
spire
pastiebot
itransmission
3dboard
androidlockxt
colorkeyboard
favorite contacts for notification center
gridlock

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Um, I can't help but notice you have CrashReporter and Syslogd on there...have you tried opening CR to see what it says about the crashes? It's not always obvious, but very often it will give you a list of suspected causes.

I can tell you that I had reboot issues when I was using CameraLocker, and that I've read about similar issues with androidlockxt but I see you've uninstalled it. Not sure other than that but it could be a conflict instead of a single app. One other idea is to go into the More>Mobile Substrate Addons section of SBSettings; once there you can turn off tweaks one by one to see how your performance is affected. Just remember: don't uninstall any of those while they're turned off in SBS.

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I went in to crash reporter and it didnt log anything, ill try your other solution, thank you, on another note, do you think the list is too long as in overloaded or is it okay to have a lot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It does seem kind of long to me, but I tend to keep my phone running pretty lean.
If I were you I'd probably look first at CameraLocker and AnyLockApp since they both alter the slider section of the lockscreen. Maybe there's a conflict there? Otherwise, I think the one-by-one option is unfortunately going to be the way to do it.

If you can pinpoint the reboots a bit, that would probably help...as in, do they happen when you get a text coming in, or maybe when you're using some specific app, etc. I used to have an issue that was somehow related to texts coming in just as I was doing something with my home button for instance.

One other thing: there is a known issue with the FolderEnhancer Fix toggle in Barrel conflicting with IntelliscreenX when turned ON. I know you don't have ISX but maybe it's conflicting with a different app...if you have that ON in Barrel, try turning it OFF for a bit.

Good luck!!

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Massie, the reboots seem to happen randomly, mostly when my phone is not being used, but now that you mention that about the slider conflict, the reboots tend to happen when I handle the phone with the screen on but locked, for example: locking the phone and setting it somewhere while touching the screen. ill try disabling those tweaks, thanks a lot. about folder enhancer I have that fix for barrel off.
anyways thanks a lot. ill keep trying and will let you know what happens.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the number of tweaks matter because I have a ton also and very seldom have problems... Except with spire which killed EVERYTHING... I was having issues yesterday and removed now playing tweak... No issues today... Also color keyboard gave me issues in the beginning...

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the number of tweaks matter because I have a ton also and very seldom have problems... Except with spire which killed EVERYTHING... I was having issues yesterday and removed now playing tweak... No issues today... Also color keyboard gave me issues in the beginning...
What kind of problems did nowplaying cause for you?, Do you recommend I uninstall?

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Well after uninstalling camera locker I havent had any reboots so far, Im also noting improved battery life, nowplaying hasnt given me any problema, though it is still too soon to jump to conclusions I believe my problem is solved, thanks Massie and the rest for your support.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify, I meant nowlistening... And I kept having apps crash... Tapatalk, twitter and CYDIA! (oh the horror, watching cydia crash Everytime you try to open it) anyways I had recently installed grooveshark. Grooveshark utilities, and nowlistening... (not looking for opinions) so I just ssh'ed all three out, rebooted and was fine again... I will put my money of gsutility... But it COULD have been nowlistening...
Also crash reporter kept reporting a 7.05dylib as causing the issue, so I had to manually clear a cydia package....
As I write this in realizing it was DEFINITELY gsutility and probably not nowlistening

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
my bad, yes I was referring to nowlistening. It has not caused any problems, and about the reboots, no more reboots so far.

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
The lockscreen apps conflicting like Massie suggested, so far Ive had no more reboots, and baterry life has improved.

jackgruff

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem, except my random reboots are very often. As in, I have rebooted numerous times attempting to keep my phone on just to see this page hoping for a solution. I ended up borrowing a friend's tablet to try to find a solution. My phone won't stay on long enough to do anything. It will stay on about 60 seconds before rebooting again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox