Hello, I am having a bit of an odd issue..

My iPhone 3GS is having a Springboard glitch where it would constantly restart. I see the circle spinning constantly. It freezes, then spins for a few seconds, and then freezes again.

I believe this happened when I attempted to install Siri, and when I tried to uninstall it - i forgot to disable siri in the settings. So when its starting, it cant find siri? Not sure, but here's where my main problem comes in.

When I try to restore my phone, iTunes will begin downloading the ipsw - but randomly timesout during the download. I can't find any torrents (since torrent downloads seem to work for me), and when I find a direct download - it also times out ( I think large downloads timeout for some reason ).

I did find a torrent for iOS 5.0, downloaded correctly - but won't let me restore it on my phone because apple servers deny it.

Is there software to disable siri manually? It there a way to install this iOS 5.0 ipsw file onto my phone? Please let me know.

Alex.
    01-17-2012 02:47 AM
    Can't put 5.0 since apple stopped signing it .. You need to figure our why u can't download large files ? .. And them download the correct one ither that it take it too apple and have them restore it for you

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    01-17-2012 04:14 AM
    You should get your iOS firmware from felixbruins.de
    It's a direct download and it's current
    01-17-2012 05:40 AM
    1. Unless you have your iOS 5.0 blobs saved, you'll have to upgrade to iOS 5.0.1.
    2. If you have unreliable connection, I recommend using a download manager such as FlashGet for large files.
    01-17-2012 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD