Need some help. Tried to update the ios tonight and got all kinds of errors, unknown 1604, unknown 1600, unknown 20.
    I am currently jailbroke, verizon, ios 4.2.6, want to upgrade to 5.0.1 in order to use newest jailbreak for the icloud features.
    Itunes is 10.5.2 and I am on a mac, not pc.
    I had to use Redsnow to recover the phone.

Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by ghawk; 01-16-2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: itunes info
    01-16-2012 09:07 PM
    Your host files have been redirected .. Prob when jailbreaking

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    01-16-2012 10:53 PM
    i would only go to 4.2.8 if i were you. 5.01 isn't really *that* great when you see all the jailbreak apps you'll lose or that won't function properly. the only thing i've gained from 5.01 is better text prediction when typing.

do you really need iCloud? just use dropbox and aptbackup from cydia. it's just as much space for free and honestly it's a better UI since on dropbox you can selectively delete things you don't want.
    01-18-2012 08:01 AM
    do you really need iCloud? just use dropbox and aptbackup from cydia. it's just as much space for free and honestly it's a better UI since on dropbox you can selectively delete things you don't want.
    iCloud offers 5GB for free, where Dropbox gives you a little over 2GB.
    01-18-2012 08:07 AM
    iCloud offers 5GB for free, where Dropbox gives you a little over 2GB.
    clearly you never read these articles

The Cheapskate's Guide to Getting Free Dropbox Space

How to Get 8GB+ Extra Dropbox Space for Free with Google AdWords

right now i have 3GB and i'm lined up to get more space shortly. if you want to open your own account feel free to use my referral link...

http://db.tt/14DMpih

Cheers!

- Bob
    01-19-2012 08:34 AM
    RemmyZero, I am aware of the referral incentive. In my post above I was pointing out the out-of-box storage. Referring people takes effort and time.
    01-20-2012 02:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD