Fixing a Cracked Home Button

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so my buddy dropped his iPhone 4 and the corner of a table somehow hit just right on his home button and cracked just the button a little. He really wants to get it fixed, so I looked up online how to replace one. Needless to say, neither one of us is experienced in this sort of thing to do it ourselves. I'm pretty sure he'll end up with a nice little iPhone paperweight after we're finished.

So I decided to look for a repair place online that could possibly get this taken care of. I came across a website which is iPhone Repair - Trusted iPhone Repair Service and they have a repair service for home buttons. It looks like it's $78.90 for the service and they claim it will just be a few days and your phone will be back just like the day you got it. Sounds pretty good to me (especially since he's got a spare phone he can use while his is getting repaired), but I don't want to direct him to some place that will screw it up, or keep it and not send anything back.

So my question is: has anyone ever used a service like this, or used this one? And does anyone have any reviews or advice on what to do or a specific place to get it taken care of? Thanks! I really appreciate it. Also, we aren't close to an Apple store, so that's kind of out of the question.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I actually own a consulting and repair business locally, PXLFIX - I also write all the weekly mod columns for iMore.

We offer iPhone 4 home button repair service for $60 plus shipping. When you send it in, we fix it and send it back out same day. You just pay shipping to us and we cover shipping back. We send FedEx Home ground unless you want something quicker.

I'm not sure of other services except ifixit which is good. You can check out more about PXLFIX and if you'd like to do a mail-in you can contact me at ally@pxlfix.com

Reactions: Wildo6882

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I actually own a consulting and repair business locally, PXLFIX - I also write all the weekly mod columns for iMore.

We offer iPhone 4 home button repair service for $60 plus shipping. When you send it in, we fix it and send it back out same day. You just pay shipping to us and we cover shipping back. We send FedEx Home ground unless you want something quicker.

I'm not sure of other services except ifixit which is good. You can check out more about PXLFIX and if you'd like to do a mail-in you can contact me at ally@pxlfix.com

Thanks for the info! I definitely appreciate it! There's been an update to the situation, however.

So this is what happened: my buddy's son got in trouble (not sure what for), so he gave his son his phone with the messed up home button (it's really not THAT bad, but for an anal person, it is - the phone still functions, however) and then my buddy used the upgrade that was available on his son's line for an upgrade! Ha! How's that for punishment?! Although the son did get to move from 3g to a 4, so it's not all that bad.

I do appreciate all the advice on here, though. I'll absolutely keep it in mind if I need some help, myself, down the line. Thanks again!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro