A great example of what makes the jailbreak community great: Custom NC Background is a lightweight, simple tweak that lets you choose any photo you wish to use for your Notification Center background. Check it out in Cydia now, or read about it here: Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - [Review] Change the Background Image of Notification Center

Edit: For people who are interested in supporting independent developers like the one behind this tweak, please take a look in the About section of the Custom NC Background settings. There you'll find a Donate button that will let you use PayPal to send the dev some much deserved money. It doesn't have to be a lot to add up--this tweak has been downloaded over sixty thousand times, yet donations are at $0. If everyone donated a quarter, that would add up to $15,000--money that could buy a lot of time and equipment that will support the development of new tweaks!
    Last edited by Massie; 01-19-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    redbeard likes this.
    01-10-2012 08:51 PM
    cannot get it to work. it seems it is letting me select a image in my camera roll..

also, what is installed in the image above that has a QC twitter on the bottom left?
    01-10-2012 10:54 PM
    cannot get it to work. it seems it is letting me select a image in my camera roll..

also, what is installed in the image above that has a QC twitter on the bottom left?
    Same here, it would be nice cause it would be a lot easier than changing the image manually like I do now, and I also want to know what that Twitter icon is about?
    01-10-2012 11:05 PM
    Odd, works great here...the dev did mention that it won't work if you piracy related apps installed if that's a possibility. Also, when you pick a photo it might seem like its not workingit just goes back to the app settings screenbut it does then use that pic for me.

The twitter icon is Twitkafly: Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Moeseth Releases TwitkaFly Lite

(not my screenshots though so I can't review it)
    01-11-2012 12:09 AM
    after reading some of the comments it appears there is an update coming?? i have no pirated items

so Twitkafly now works on 5.x? also, is that ISX they're using?
    01-11-2012 12:36 AM
    Definitely looks like ISX with the M+ icon on the right...and yeah it looks like TwitkaFly is listed as iOS compatible, but this is actually TwitkaFly Lite, a free version released today. (You get QC but not QR and some other features for Twitter.)

So what happens when you try to use the NC tweak? I saw some people saying they needed to turn it off then on after installing because it didn't work when first installed, but that it was fine after that toggling.
    Last edited by Massie; 01-11-2012 at 12:57 AM.
    01-11-2012 12:50 AM
    it acts like it let me select an image in the camera roll but nothing after that. respring and reboot, no luck

wait, do you need Winterboard for this??
    01-11-2012 12:58 AM
    Nope, no Winterboard involved.

So you installed, disabled/enabled, the hit pick image and tapped an image?--at that point (even though it immediately goes back to the app settings without actually showing me a preview of the pic) if I open my NC the background has changed. Not sure what the issue could be; the one related to piracy issues was a permissions thing if that helps. The dev seems pretty responsive: https://twitter.com/#!/cjori

My one complaint right now is how it handles landscape when using the suggested image sizes. (Poorly.)
    01-11-2012 01:13 AM
    One more thing, from modmyi. (There should be an update coming, but you could try this in the meantime if you wanted...)

It works fine, but there are prerequisites (warez won't work with it). If you don't use warez, then follow the below steps to make it work properly:

To fix the issue open iFile and go to /var/mobile, then tap the blue arrow next to documents.

Next, where it says Access Permissions, Change both GROUP and WORLD to "Read, Write, Execute."

Now, go into the Custom NC Background settings, disable it, and enable it again. It will work.

One other person got it going by closing all background apps, then doing the disable/enable trick I mentioned earlier.
    01-11-2012 01:19 AM
    Well I don't have any pirated apps either, and I just got it work by simply toggling it on and off a couple times..

What an awesome tweak, this will save me buttloads of time!

Big thanks to the dev!
    01-11-2012 02:08 AM
    One more thing, from modmyi. (There should be an update coming, but you could try this in the meantime if you wanted...)

It works fine, but there are prerequisites (warez won't work with it). If you don't use warez, then follow the below steps to make it work properly:

To fix the issue open iFile and go to /var/mobile, then tap the blue arrow next to documents.

Next, where it says Access Permissions, Change both GROUP and WORLD to "Read, Write, Execute."

Now, go into the Custom NC Background settings, disable it, and enable it again. It will work.
    i saw this last night so i immediately opened iFile but there was no documents folder

can someone confirm if they get the same? if they do have it and i do not then this may be the reason for another issue i am having
    01-11-2012 07:39 AM
    I've got it, and the only file in it is "nc@2x.png" so it sounds like that's your issue. I wonder why it isn't getting created?
    01-11-2012 07:49 AM
    i have no freakin idea. i use the latest version of redsn0w when i JB

Massie, did you go from tethered to Corona?
    01-11-2012 08:04 AM
    I went tethered 5.0>stock5.0.1>untethered 5.0.1 via redsn0w.
    What happens if you simply add a Documents folder manually and then try to assign a new NC background?

One other thing: I also have an "admob" folder inside of my Documents folder--could you be using an adblocker tweak that's preventing something from being written? I'm kind of out of my element here.
    01-11-2012 08:12 AM
    which version of redsn0w did you use? wondering if that matters. like maybe the newer version isn't creating that folder...

i'm going to try to add a folder but i have a funny feeling i may need to re-JB with another version of redsn0w

do not have an ad blocker installed. in fact right after i JB the first thing i'll download is M+ with no luck
    01-11-2012 08:22 AM
    I used .9.10b2

Might also be worth tweeting at the dev about it; he's been answering tweets over the last day.
    01-11-2012 08:38 AM
    Fixed: added a Documents folder to /var/mobile, reinstall custom NC and it now works. no luck with my M+ issue though

do you think there would be any issues if i ran the redsn0w .9.10b2 over the .9.10b3?
    01-11-2012 08:48 AM
    I don't know. What was the reason for that update again? At least you got one fixed!
    01-11-2012 09:30 AM
    i think it was for mobile substrate..

yes, one did get fixed but i'd much rather have the other!!
    01-11-2012 11:50 AM
    update out now and fixed the issue but there is no Document folder in /var/mobile either. weird
    01-11-2012 01:29 PM
    After discussing this tweak with the dev on Twitter, I wanted to point this out: For people who are interested in supporting independent developers like the one behind this tweak, please take a look in the About section of the Custom NC Background settings. There you'll find a Donate button that will let you use PayPal to send the dev some much deserved money. It doesn't have to be a lot to add up--this tweak has been downloaded over sixty thousand times, yet donations are at $0. If everyone donated a quarter, that would add up to $15,000--money that could buy a lot of time and equipment that will support the development of new tweaks!

Something to consider!
    01-19-2012 04:23 PM
    holy crap! 60,000 downloads and $0?? he was probably better off charging .99 from the get go

i am afraid this happens a lot across the board
    01-19-2012 05:22 PM
    Maybe his donations don't auto tabulate!!! Infant believe that out of 60,000. Not one single person donated!!!
    That makes me ALMOST want to donate even though I would never use that tweak as I am a theme MASTER!!
    01-20-2012 02:35 AM
    Just saw there's a sweet update coming that will bring this tweak to the ISX lockscreen! Been waiting for this since ISX was released!

https://twitter.com/cjori/status/166106365180383232
    02-05-2012 08:41 AM
    Just saw there's a sweet update coming that will bring this tweak to the ISX lockscreen! Been waiting for this since ISX was released!

https://twitter.com/cjori/status/166106365180383232
    well?? is it out now?
    02-08-2012 09:52 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD