I just discovered this WONDERFUL app. What it does is, if someone enters your password wrong, it snaps a picture of them, and then a fully customizable alert pops up on the screen. What I thought it was supposed to do also, is email you the photo taken (right now it's just saving it to my photo library). I've tried this out a few times, and I'm not receiving the email. Does anyone else have this app? Do you know how to get it to work? Thanks in advance.
    01-09-2012 02:07 PM
    Did some research on the net and found out the email feature is only available when you purchase the app; not on the free one. Oh well. It's still in awesome app... especially if you have a nosey mate.
    01-09-2012 02:48 PM
    Did some research on the net and found out the email feature is only available when you purchase the app; not on the free one. Oh well. It's still in awesome app... especially if you have a nosey mate.
    I've been using this app for a while. For me the email feature does work on the free version. My understanding is you can get a text sent on the paid and not with the free version.

Since I just switched to the 4S today I not longer have a JB but I will as soon as it's out and then I will upgrade to paid version. I don't mind paying for great apps.
    CashV likes this.
    01-09-2012 06:54 PM
    Really? Do you remember what specific options you had chosen?? Its not working for me for some reason... maybe I need to play around with it a little more...

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Glad I checked back in before I bought it.
    01-09-2012 07:24 PM
    Really? Do you remember what specific options you had chosen?? Its not working for me for some reason... maybe I need to play around with it a little more...

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Glad I checked back in before I bought it.
    I seem to remember that I had to use my gmail email and that it wouldn't work with my me.com. If you're using a me.com email try another if you have one. Unfortunately since there is no JB for 4s I can't look at the settings.
    01-09-2012 11:57 PM
    I seem to remember that I had to use my gmail email and that it wouldn't work with my me.com. If you're using a me.com email try another if you have one. Unfortunately since there is no JB for 4s I can't look at the settings.
    Hmm, I'm having the exact same problem as the TS. Used my gmail account but still can't seem to receive emails...
    01-10-2012 07:37 AM
    Hmm, I'm having the exact same problem as the TS. Used my gmail account but still can't seem to receive emails...
    Same here... I've tried my Gmail, Yahoo and even my AOL... checked the spam and junk folders also, and I'm not getting the email. I've done a ton of research on the web and I'm unable to find any type of support... w/o the email w/the location, the app is pretty useless if we lose our phone...
    01-10-2012 11:51 AM
    There really isn't any information in the settings, so I don't think it would help you much even if you were using a JB 4s. lol. Thanks for you help, though.
    01-10-2012 11:53 AM
    This should be a standard in ios lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    01-10-2012 12:30 PM
    This should be a standard in ios lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    I agree!!! lol
    01-10-2012 12:39 PM
    Same here... I've tried my Gmail, Yahoo and even my AOL... checked the spam and junk folders also, and I'm not getting the email. I've done a ton of research on the web and I'm unable to find any type of support... w/o the email w/the location, the app is pretty useless if we lose our phone...
    Yep. I've sent an email to the app developer about this, but haven't received a reply yet..
    01-10-2012 07:20 PM
    I agree!!! lol
    I know!! I third this!!!
    CashV likes this.
    01-10-2012 07:20 PM
    Well I just installed this app on my wife's iPhone 4 and she doesn't get email sent either. The only thing I can think of is that I was tethered jailbroken and installed Corona to get untethered. For her I used RedSn0w 10b3 to directly untethered jailbreak so that might be the issue?
    01-10-2012 08:24 PM
    Well I just installed this app on my wife's iPhone 4 and she doesn't get email sent either. The only thing I can think of is that I was tethered jailbroken and installed Corona to get untethered. For her I used RedSn0w 10b3 to directly untethered jailbreak so that might be the issue?
    I am also using RedSnow untethered jailbreak....
    01-11-2012 12:47 PM
    Yep. I've sent an email to the app developer about this, but haven't received a reply yet..
    I really dislike horrible customer service....
    01-11-2012 12:48 PM
    I am also using RedSnow untethered jailbreak....
    Hmm. Maybe that could be why... cause I am too...
    01-16-2012 05:09 AM
    I really dislike horrible customer service....
    Maybe you could also drop the developer an email too? Perhaps more people bringing up the same issue to him, might make him do something about it?
    01-16-2012 05:12 AM
    Update: With the release of the untethered jailbreak of A5 devices today I was able to install iCaughtU on my iPhone 4S. I want to let everyone know that I am now able to get pictures sent via email when the wrong password is entered. Everyone having issues may want to try a different jailbreak.
    Last edited by j7469; 01-21-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    CashV likes this.
    01-20-2012 09:01 PM
    Update: With the release of the untethered jailbreak of A5 devices today I was able to install iCaughtU on my iPhone 4S. I want to let everyone know that I am now able to get pictures sent via email when the wrong password is entered. Everyone having issues may want to try a different jailbreak.
    Hmm... Would I have to restore my phone and re-jailbreak, or just run another jailbreak over my existing one?
    01-21-2012 08:10 PM
    Hmm... Would I have to restore my phone and re-jailbreak, or just run another jailbreak over my existing one?
    Depends, which iPhone do you have & what method of jailbreak did you use?
    01-22-2012 09:46 PM
    Depends, which iPhone do you have & what method of jailbreak did you use?
    iPhone 4, 5.0.1, redsn0w 0.9.10b4 (Mac).
    01-23-2012 08:57 PM
    Thought I should just update this thread - cause the developer responded to my email. Here's his reply:

There was a problem with my server and iCaughtU, so I have to move it
    to another server.
    I already submitted the update to BigBoss Repo but it can take up to
    24h to be live.
    01-24-2012 11:49 AM
    LOVE this app. I'm gonna feel real bad for the person who steals my phone and cant turn it off without knowing my password. This app plus find my iPhone app is amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-24-2012 09:44 PM
    They've updated the app. I now receive the email!!! Awesome!!!!
    01-27-2012 02:04 PM
    LOVE this app. I'm gonna feel real bad for the person who steals my phone and cant turn it off without knowing my password. This app plus find my iPhone app is amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I so agree!!! <3
    01-27-2012 02:05 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD