iCaughtU

CashV

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I just discovered this WONDERFUL app. What it does is, if someone enters your password wrong, it snaps a picture of them, and then a fully customizable alert pops up on the screen. What I thought it was supposed to do also, is email you the photo taken (right now it's just saving it to my photo library). I've tried this out a few times, and I'm not receiving the email. Does anyone else have this app? Do you know how to get it to work? Thanks in advance. :)

CashV

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Did some research on the net and found out the email feature is only available when you purchase the app; not on the free one. :( Oh well. It's still in awesome app... especially if you have a nosey mate. :cool:

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Did some research on the net and found out the email feature is only available when you purchase the app; not on the free one. :( Oh well. It's still in awesome app... especially if you have a nosey mate. :cool:

I've been using this app for a while. For me the email feature does work on the free version. My understanding is you can get a text sent on the paid and not with the free version.

Since I just switched to the 4S today I not longer have a JB but I will as soon as it's out and then I will upgrade to paid version. I don't mind paying for great apps.

Reactions: CashV

CashV

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Really? Do you remember what specific options you had chosen?? Its not working for me for some reason... maybe I need to play around with it a little more...

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Glad I checked back in before I bought it. :)

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Really? Do you remember what specific options you had chosen?? Its not working for me for some reason... maybe I need to play around with it a little more...

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Glad I checked back in before I bought it. :)

I seem to remember that I had to use my gmail email and that it wouldn't work with my me.com. If you're using a me.com email try another if you have one. Unfortunately since there is no JB for 4s I can't look at the settings.

cloudyday12

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I seem to remember that I had to use my gmail email and that it wouldn't work with my me.com. If you're using a me.com email try another if you have one. Unfortunately since there is no JB for 4s I can't look at the settings.

Hmm, I'm having the exact same problem as the TS. Used my gmail account but still can't seem to receive emails...

CashV

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I'm having the exact same problem as the TS. Used my gmail account but still can't seem to receive emails...

Same here... I've tried my Gmail, Yahoo and even my AOL... checked the spam and junk folders also, and I'm not getting the email. I've done a ton of research on the web and I'm unable to find any type of support... w/o the email w/the location, the app is pretty useless if we lose our phone...

CashV

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

There really isn't any information in the settings, so I don't think it would help you much even if you were using a JB 4s. lol. Thanks for you help, though.

cloudyday12

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Same here... I've tried my Gmail, Yahoo and even my AOL... checked the spam and junk folders also, and I'm not getting the email. I've done a ton of research on the web and I'm unable to find any type of support... w/o the email w/the location, the app is pretty useless if we lose our phone...

Yep. I've sent an email to the app developer about this, but haven't received a reply yet..

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Well I just installed this app on my wife's iPhone 4 and she doesn't get email sent either. The only thing I can think of is that I was tethered jailbroken and installed Corona to get untethered. For her I used RedSn0w 10b3 to directly untethered jailbreak so that might be the issue?

CashV

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Well I just installed this app on my wife's iPhone 4 and she doesn't get email sent either. The only thing I can think of is that I was tethered jailbroken and installed Corona to get untethered. For her I used RedSn0w 10b3 to directly untethered jailbreak so that might be the issue?

I am also using RedSnow untethered jailbreak....

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Update: With the release of the untethered jailbreak of A5 devices today I was able to install iCaughtU on my iPhone 4S. I want to let everyone know that I am now able to get pictures sent via email when the wrong password is entered. Everyone having issues may want to try a different jailbreak.

Last edited:
Reactions: CashV

cloudyday12

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Update: With the release of the untethered jailbreak of A5 devices today I was able to install iCaughtU on my iPhone 4S. I want to let everyone know that I am now able to get pictures sent via email when the wrong password is entered. Everyone having issues may want to try a different jailbreak.

Hmm... Would I have to restore my phone and re-jailbreak, or just run another jailbreak over my existing one?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro