Backup question.

mattsm75

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have been an iphone user sice 08, but never bothered to jailbreak till now. My question is after i sync my phone before jailbreak to make a back up of all my info, doesn't that backup get deleted as soon as i sync again after jailbreak since it's okay to sync your phone with itunes like normal after jailbreak. If I ever wanted to go back to where my phone was before the jailbreak how would i get that specific backup date? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
When you restore your software (using the Restore button in iTunes) the jb will be wiped. This is different from restoring a backup, which just puts your apps/settings back on your phone.

In other words, you can wipe the jb, and then still use a backup made while you were jailbroken to put your non-jb apps/settings back.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you want to keep the backup search and find out where the backups are stored on your computer. Then after the backup copy the backup to an external drive. Massie I think what the OP is saying is that some people beleive that restoring from backup in a JB state will include things in the filesystem from the JB. So whether you remove the JB the folders, files, etc is still there. The same reason some people start from scratch instead of from backup when going pure. So like I said you can find out where the backups are stored then when you go pure remove the backups from the location and put back the one that you took before JBing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner