Messages+ now in Cydia!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
7.99 and apparently not free for ISX users??

oh well, i think i'm gonna do it until i can get ISX tweaked to my liking

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
this is nuts. issues with the install on release and Intelliborn, thus far, has been quiet on their twitter

I WANT TO SPEND $!!!

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
this is nuts. issues with the install on release and Intelliborn, thus far, has been quiet on their twitter

I WANT TO SPEND $!!!

When I had a jailbroken iPhone 4, I used the ancestor of Messages+ (tlert) and loved it. I hope to use it again when the 4S is finally jailbroken.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
wow, it's been 13 hours since the initial release and no mention as to why this app cannot be installed properly

mind.blown.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
What happens when you try? I had issues with ISX not installing after the 5.0.1 untether but a reboot fixed it for me.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
oszurn.jpg

a lot of people tweeting the same thing. no luck with rebooting

also, just for fun, i tried to install ISX and it's having licensing issues again. weird

andyriot

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Wait I thought Messages+ came with ISX? Or is the standalone far more? (and cost almost the same as ISX which I thought included it)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yes, Messages+ comes with, or built-into, IntelliScreenX and is advertised as "free" (no additional charge)

Meesages+ is the updated version of Tlert but is 7.99 if you buy it by itself. most people will probably just buy ISX because it makes sense. there are a lot of people upset with the fact that the standalone version of M+ is not free for ISX users. which does not make sense if they plan on using ISX anyways

unless you're like me. currently i am not able to use ISX the way i would like to and it could be a while. i would like to continue to use Message+ so i went ahead and bought it as well. yeah, it's another 7.99 on top of the 9.99 that i paid already but oh we'll. i can sacrifice a 6 pack of beer one night and call it good. plus i am a sucker for new sh?t

edit: still not able to download it by the way. been getting the same error all night long. some people have downloaded without a hiccup. i emailed intelliborn and awaiting a response. i hate waiting

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
well, even after the 1.1 update it looks like i am screwed. Intelliborn emailed me back saying that this fix should take care of my issue but the problem persists

very frustrating. probably be better off going back to stock, tbh

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
v1.3

new update, new issue

i can install it properly but now the app crashes as soon as i tap on it. same behavior when i set up a gesture in Activator

crash log sent

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
new update, new issue

i can install it properly but now the app crashes as soon as i tap on it. same behavior when i set up a gesture in Activator

crash log sent

Thanks for posting info on your Messages+ experiences. I am keeping an eye on this thread for when I can finally jailbreak the 4S and buy it. It's only a matter of days!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
no problem. i feel any thread starter has a duty to keep their thread up to date if possible. it definitely helps others and that is the whole purpose of these forums/blogs. unfortunately i must be the only one around here that is having an issue with M+, or the only one that gives a crap haha. some people are not having ANY issues with it (mind. boggled.)

i do have to say i am a little disappointed how Intelliborn is handling the release of this tweak/app. the support is definitely not how it was with ISX and that's what i was expecting. now, my expectations have been lowered. i understand Devs get busy with other projects, have other careers or simply take breaks but i feel they should at least let their customers know what is going on during these times. back when ISX (beta) was released i read threads/comments in other forums of people worried that they had a history of doing this, it was hard to believe at the time. now, i am experiencing it first hand

i probably have restored as new 4 times now and other than the essentials you need after loading Cydia, Messages+ is the ONLY app/tweak i load onto my device. but the problem still persists. i am pretty confident in saying i should not be conflicting with something else since surely they, and the beta testers, have the Cydia Essentials loaded as well. the only positive is that it's getting close to being fixed and then i will no longer have to obsess about it

i will definitely keep you and this thread posted. hopefully it will be fixed and or a non-issue for you when the A5 JB is released

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Fixed!

anyone having crashing issues with Messages+ there will be an update coming soon. however, there is a temporary fix: download OpenSSL in Cydia and that'll get you up and going.

after a week of being a crazy person via twitter and emails it finally pays off! :)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
anyone having crashing issues with Messages+ there will be an update coming soon. however, there is a temporary fix: download OpenSSL in Cydia and that'll get you up and going.

after a week of being a crazy person via twitter and emails it finally pays off! :)

Crazy! Glad you finally got it sorted...I wonder why OpenSSL fixes it?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i am not sure but sending a crash log was the answer to getting this fixed sooner than later

works great too. been texting with it all day

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73