I am once again jailbroken, woohoo! I see that the JB universe has changed quite a bit with the advent of iOS5.

I immediately downloaded some of my favorite apps like iRealSMS, LockInfo and SBSettings.

However, I'm having trouble adjusting the Notification settings, any help would be greatly appreciated.

1.) When a new Mail message arrives, I still see the stock iOS5 notification Banner overlapping my LockInfo plugins (I tried disabling Mail under Notifications settings and have it enabled as a PlugIn in LockInfo settings). I'm used to seeing incoming Mail messages neatly listed under the "Mail" tab on the lockscreen.

2.) When a new SMS message arrives, I want to be able to reply directly from the lockscreen using iRealSMS (I have the Notification style set to "Alert" in Settings). Instead, I still see the stock iOS5 Banner for incoming SMS messages.

Would using IntelliScreenX + BiteSMS instead of LockInfo + SBSettings + iRealSMS address all of these issues? Also, is there an app to hide the lock slider from the lockscreen when using IntelliScreenX?

Thanks in advance!
    01-06-2012 01:13 PM
    To hide the banners just go to Settings>Notifications and in each one (Mail, etc) turn View in Lockscreen to OFF.

For SMS I just use ISX with the built in Messages+ app, which lets me use quick reply and quick compose from anywhere on the device. I'm not familiar with how/if iReal is integrated into Lockinfo.

You can hide the slider, but ISX will still only go down to where it used to be, leaving a blank space at the bottom of your screen. See Cydia for a variety of slider options.
    01-06-2012 02:13 PM
    By the way, I was a longtime lockinfo user, but now use ISX exclusively. Lockinfo has had some issues with compatibility since iOS 5 and while Dave Ashman has been great about updating, it still seems to have some issues. For me ISX has been a much smoother experience.

My setup is ISX with OpenNotifier, with all alerts except SMS hidden at the lockscreen. SMS gets a popup; sliding the icon opens the Quick Reply window of Messages+ (which is included with ISX). All my other notifications get a statusbar icon via OpenNotifier, which is a reminder for me to pull down ISX when I'm ready to act on them (since I also keep ISX itself hidden at the lockscreen).

Hope that helps! Love this setup myself.
    tourstagefan likes this.
    01-06-2012 02:25 PM
    I agree with Massie. I have almost the same setup, though I still use bite. I was a longtime LI user myself but prefer the integration ISX has with NC. I've had no problems with the ISX, NC and bitesms integration. It works flawlessly. I love that setup and, of you're asking, that's my recommendation.

Massie, does opennotifier work for you? My springboard crashes every time I try to install it. I miss those icons!
    tourstagefan likes this.
    01-06-2012 02:46 PM
    tourstagefan, my suggestion would be to use ISX and tweak it to your liking. you'll be glad you did
    tourstagefan likes this.
    01-06-2012 03:02 PM
    My setup is ISX with OpenNotifier, with all alerts except SMS hidden at the lockscreen. SMS gets a popup; sliding the icon opens the Quick Reply window of Messages+ (which is included with ISX). All my other notifications get a statusbar icon via OpenNotifier, which is a reminder for me to pull down ISX when I'm ready to act on them (since I also keep ISX itself hidden at the lockscreen).
    just to clarify; you are still getting a notification banner once you unlock the lockscreen as well, correct?
    01-06-2012 03:04 PM
    just to clarify; you are still getting a notification banner once you unlock the lockscreen as well, correct?
    If I have Banners set in the alert settings, then yes. Some things I've turned off so that I just get a statusbar notification even when unlocked (sort of like it was with my similar setup on iOS 4.x). Then I just pull down ISX to see what it's for.
    01-06-2012 03:42 PM
    i see. my apologies for not not being clear. my issue with turning OFF 'View In Lock Screen' is as soon as i unlock the lockscreen i will receive another alert. very annoying. is there a workaround for this?
    01-06-2012 04:11 PM
    I don't think there is (edit: I guess what I do is sort of a workaround; read on). You're totally being clear, by the way. I was getting annoyed by those "double alerts" too; I finally decided to turn a lot of alerts off all together--though badges are still on in settings--so I just get the status bar icon and they show in ISX. The only downside is that you lose the cool new banners when unlocked.

The main place I got sick of it was with email--now I have email set to make a sound, appear in Notification Center, and show a badge, but Alert Style is None and View in Lockscreen is Off. When an email comes in my phone will ding/vibrate. When I wake it I have a status bar icon and the email is in ISX. When I unlock, I don't get any further banners or anything. So far it's right for me, but if I remember right the sticking point for you was that you'd like the screen to wake on the first notification, right?
    01-06-2012 04:42 PM
    yes! turning off alerts all together works well with statusbar icons. thanks for the tip!

how are you handling notifications that do not have badges since pseudo-badges are currently not working? it appears even the Calendar.app needs them too.. i am not getting a statusbar icon for calendar alerts and i am going to assume Reminders as well. and of course i will continue to not get them for ESPN Scorecenter or SportsMobile

i am willing to sacrifice the waking of my device if i can get some sort of statusbar icon for everything i am currently using because i am liking the hiding alerts/Infoshade method
    drewc#IM likes this.
    01-06-2012 05:34 PM
    Hasn't been an issue for me yetthe things I get push notifications for all get badges already. I think he's working on it though.

Beeg, you need to add this repo for the updated ON:
    http://n00neimp0rtant.dyndns.org/repo
    01-06-2012 07:50 PM
    how do you handle your calendar noifications?

to keep me from getting frustrated i am going to wait until ON and Popup Blocker get their stuff together
    01-06-2012 10:19 PM
    how do you handle your calendar noifications?
    I've never used them...my schedule is pretty regular; if I need to check stuff I just open the app. One thing I have noticed is that facebook often doesn't show a notification until I open the app. But I think that's a fb problem, not an ON one.
    01-07-2012 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD