sbsettings on jailbroken 5.0.1

tres

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I was having a respring problem, and began troubleshooting. It seems that sbsettings is causing boot and respring issues. Once I removed it, everthing worked just fine. I tried putting it back and got the same problems again.

Is anyone having the same problem? Is anyone successfully using sbsettings with the new jb?

I'm on IP4 5.01 untethered.

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
That's been an ongoing problem with iOS 5 and sbsettings. I don't think they ever got it working correctly. Take a look at ISX - intellescreen X. Its probably the best app out there...just sayin, haha.

Bob

Tony the Tiger

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes a reboot using SBsettings might cause my iPhone to get stuck on the Apple logo, but a hard reboot using the sleep button and home button usually solves this. I agree with the previous posters, I don't think they got SBsettings right on iOS 5.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had issues with SBSettings itself, but have had issues when it's integrated into other apps such as Lockinfo.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Everyone saying sbsettings is having issues is ABSOLUTELY INSANE.... Easily the most widely used cydia app and nobody is having an issue with it!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
But even if SBSettings is stable (which I think it is) not every app that incorporates it (Lockinfo, IntelliscreenX, etc) is necessarily bug-free. I definitely had issues using it within Lockinfo (freezes, safe mode) that never happened when using it outside of Lockinfo.

fastlane

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've only been having issues with Activator continually not working. I have to restart my iPhone at least once a day to keep it working.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
this clearly has to be a compatibility issue because when i was using SBSettings on iOS 5.0-5.0.1 it worked flawlessly

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Kinda drives me bananas when people make these claims against sbsettings and activator...
Now I'm not saying that every app that try's to integrate then will work, but stand alone... Sbsettings is as stable as a house for horses. (get it, a STABLE...) as is activator...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2