Just a q's if anyone has done it. I know the verizon carrier unlock your iphone 4s for international use but not for US GSM carriers

But just wondering if there's any way to use verizon CDMA iphone 4s on att since CDMA ones run on different modem firmware.

Can i upload a new IOS 5.0.1 from GSM section that would put the GSM modem firmware on it and use it on GSM carrier here in the US. Thx
    01-03-2012 09:30 PM
    not that I've heard of.
    01-03-2012 09:51 PM
    But just wondering if there's any way to use verizon CDMA iphone 4s on att since CDMA ones run on different modem firmware.

Can i upload a new IOS 5.0.1 from GSM section that would put the GSM modem firmware on it and use it on GSM carrier here in the US. Thx
    No. GSM and CDMA don't just have different firmware, they use different radios. The hardware is different and incompatible. You can't load a GSM firmware onto a CDMA phone to convert it. There's no way to do that. Sorry.
    01-04-2012 02:56 AM
    The 4S uses the same firmware - it's the same phone, so loading a different firmware is moot.

What you're talking about is unlocking the GSM side of the 4S' radio - which is currently not possible.
    01-04-2012 06:18 AM
    Won't work, the sim unlock for vzw will only work with foreign sims. US sims are blocked.
    01-04-2012 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD