iOS 5.0.1 Untethered....

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone installed the Tethered JB and then untethered JB WITHOUT any issues and are up and running just like a normal JB WITHOUT issues? I'm reading a lot about this and noticed a lot of people having tons of issues. I know its new and tons of people are trying this, so that will put a strain on the system, but it still seems that a lot of people are having issues with apps or the phone not rebooting properly.

Is this only a problem for a certain service (i.e. VZW or ATT)?

I've been untethered JB before and now I am tethered since moving to 5.0, so I have an idea of how to do the JB.

I'm using Redsnow 0.9.9b7 on iOS 5 and do to the recent updates to Cydia my crash reporter app is going crazy with reports of Appindexer and mDNSResponder crashing constantly.

Thanks
Bob

SlydWyz

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I've done the Corona untether thru Cydia, and haven't had any of the major problems that people are experiencing. I have had 2 random moments when an app suddenly froze and the phone rebooted, but can't determine whether it was JB related or not. Sorry, I know that probably wasn't much help.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any AppIndexer crashes since updating to 5.0.1, which included an update to Mobile Substrate that may have fixed the issue...I did an update in iTunes from 5.0, restored from backup, then used the latest redsn0w to jb (it's up to 9.10b3 now by the way).

Give it a whirl, it's been super stable here--more so than my 5.0 semi-tethered, and that was pretty stable in itself.

Reactions: Bob_B

Chocu1a

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I used the Corona Untether the moment it was released to the public. No problems whatsoever.. I updated to 1.3 Corona, but I didn't have any issues with 1.0.

Reactions: Bob_B

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so the peer pressure got to me, haha. Went ahead and loaded 5.0.1 and JB and so far so good. No issues, license issues or resprings.

Thanks for the info
Bob

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro