Has anyone installed the Tethered JB and then untethered JB WITHOUT any issues and are up and running just like a normal JB WITHOUT issues? I'm reading a lot about this and noticed a lot of people having tons of issues. I know its new and tons of people are trying this, so that will put a strain on the system, but it still seems that a lot of people are having issues with apps or the phone not rebooting properly.

Is this only a problem for a certain service (i.e. VZW or ATT)?

I've been untethered JB before and now I am tethered since moving to 5.0, so I have an idea of how to do the JB.

I'm using Redsnow 0.9.9b7 on iOS 5 and do to the recent updates to Cydia my crash reporter app is going crazy with reports of Appindexer and mDNSResponder crashing constantly.

Thanks
    Bob
    01-01-2012 06:21 PM
    I've done the Corona untether thru Cydia, and haven't had any of the major problems that people are experiencing. I have had 2 random moments when an app suddenly froze and the phone rebooted, but can't determine whether it was JB related or not. Sorry, I know that probably wasn't much help.
    01-01-2012 07:11 PM
    I have it installed as well and my jb is running smoothly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bob_B likes this.
    01-01-2012 08:05 PM
    I haven't had any AppIndexer crashes since updating to 5.0.1, which included an update to Mobile Substrate that may have fixed the issue...I did an update in iTunes from 5.0, restored from backup, then used the latest redsn0w to jb (it's up to 9.10b3 now by the way).

Give it a whirl, it's been super stable here--more so than my 5.0 semi-tethered, and that was pretty stable in itself.
    Bob_B likes this.
    01-01-2012 08:33 PM
    I used the Corona Untether the moment it was released to the public. No problems whatsoever.. I updated to 1.3 Corona, but I didn't have any issues with 1.0.
    Bob_B likes this.
    01-01-2012 09:51 PM
    Ok, so the peer pressure got to me, haha. Went ahead and loaded 5.0.1 and JB and so far so good. No issues, license issues or resprings.

Thanks for the info
    Bob
    01-02-2012 01:32 AM
    Nice, I think you'll be glad you did it! (Especially when Apple stops signing 5.0.1!)
    01-02-2012 02:17 PM
    Nice, I think you'll be glad you did it! (Especially when Apple stops signing 5.0.1!)
    Yeah, since they just released 5.1 Beta 3 today. The 5.0.1 signatures will stop soon after that 5.1 release.
    01-10-2012 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD