After much rafting about I managed to get my iPhone 4 jailbroken on 5.0.1.

Now I'm. It new to this, I have been jailbreaking since my 3GS on iOS 3. Something.

However this is the first time I have run into serious difficulties, my YouTube and AppStore apps crash a second or two after loading.

I know a restore and re-jailbreak will fix it, but I have done that several times in the last couple of days and really don't fancy doing it again.

I was wondering if anyone knew what is causing the crashes or how to fix it.

I have the following cydia apps installed:

Activator
    Appsync for ios5+
    Barrel
    Cydelete
    Ifile
    Installous 4
    My3g
    Move2unlock
    Open backup
    Openssh
    Pull to refresh for mail
    Sbsettings
    Springtomize2

I have no idea what caused the errors as only noticed them after installing a few cydia apps.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    12-31-2011 08:03 PM
    Update - fixed

My3G was the problem, seems to have issues on 5.0.1
    chiapett likes this.
    01-01-2012 06:14 AM
    Update - fixed

My3G was the problem, seems to have issues on 5.0.1
    Glad that you got it fixed but I don't believe that there is a problem with My3G and 5.0.1 in general. That was the first jailbreak app I install on both mine and my wife's VZ iPhone 4 (because it is usually listed on cydia front page.

You may want to try re-jailbreaking & trying to reinstall My3G. For me that is top 3 of why I jailbreak.
    01-01-2012 10:03 AM
    Hello, I had the exact same app crashing problem after upgrading to 5.0.1 and jailbreaking. After removing My3G, my problem was also resolved. Thanks!
    01-02-2012 09:02 PM
    You sure removing my3g was the fix and not the update to Mobil substrate and others from cydia?
    01-03-2012 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD