Hi Group-

I'm new to the iPhone experience. My wife just upgraded to the iPhone 4s last night. We have sprint for our server. Just curious if there is a thread with step by step instructions on how to jailbreak and tether.

I still have a palm pre that I installed mytether onto. So I do have some basic knowledge on how to do this. I'll be switch to the iPhone as soon as we can get tethering on the iPhone. My phone is our only internet access right now

Thanks much!
    Eric
    Last edited by ewarhol; 12-31-2011 at 08:35 AM.
    12-31-2011 08:33 AM
    Jailbreak doesn't exist yet for the 4s. Once it's available, I would just use youtube to get a good step by step procedure. It's usually the easiest way in my opinion.
    Last edited by Bugeyeblue; 12-31-2011 at 04:23 PM.
    12-31-2011 04:21 PM
    Im eagerly awaiting for it as well..lost it when i upgraded from 4 to 4s..COM Mon MAN!
    12-31-2011 04:42 PM
    I also just changed from palm pre to iPhone. (noob) lol
    I did tweaks an patches on my pre is that the same as "jail breaking" iPhone?

*rAzOr*
    12-31-2011 06:39 PM
    I also just changed from palm pre to iPhone. (noob) lol
    I did tweaks an patches on my pre is that the same as "jail breaking" iPhone?

*rAzOr*
    You happy with the change from the pre? My wife keeps telling me to stop messing with her phone and to put it down. I want to make the change put with the pre and mytether that is our only home internet right now.
    12-31-2011 07:53 PM
    I am
    U can pay a monthly fee to use iPhone as a hotspot

*rAzOr*
    01-08-2012 02:40 PM
    The inability to tether from the iPhone to the iPad is one of my biggest disappointments with Apple, IMO. Practically speaking, I understand WHY they don't want you to do it (Apple wants you buying the premium tablet and the carriers want you buying more data plans), but it just seems for all the creativity and continuity shared between all Apple devices, being able to use the capabilities of one to enhance the other just seems like something that should be there.

Then again, I'm probably going to be up against the wall on my Verizon 2GB data plan as it is, so this is probably a moot argument
    01-08-2012 04:07 PM
    Yeah, I too have not bought an iPhone due to this issue, my wife just got an iPhone 4 on Sprint, and after playing with her phone I want to buy my first iPhone ever but would not if I cannot tether for free.
    01-10-2012 02:00 PM
    Yeah, I too have not bought an iPhone due to this issue, my wife just got an iPhone 4 on Sprint, and after playing with her phone I want to buy my first iPhone ever but would not if I cannot tether for free.
    Once you jailbreak your iPhone. There are some very cool tether apps. In the past, I have used Pdanet and mywi. I currently own a iPhone 4S and there is no jailbreak yet.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    01-18-2012 08:47 AM
    what app in cydia to i need to use my phone as a mobile hotspot for my windows laptops?
    05-12-2012 01:35 PM
    Tetherme works good
    05-12-2012 01:50 PM
    Is tether me better than mywi 5? Just need to tether my playbook with my iPhone 4s. Is there a difference using these cydia apps compared to using wifi hotspot on the phone itself?

Sent using Tapatalk
    06-03-2012 05:40 PM
    I've been using MyWi to tether my iPad, and laptop and it works great.
    06-04-2012 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD