Music stops playing after 5.0.1 jailbreak

MikeLowry09

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I just jailbroke my iPhone 4 with the new jailbreak and all of my music installed pre-jailbreak has stopped playing. All new music loaded works fine. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Have any people solve it?

Thanks.

EDIT: It seems that I'm not the only one who's had this problem:

modmyi.com/forums/general/745771-jailbreak-music-problem-only-experts.html

forums.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlock-forum/226771-5-0-jailbreak-problems-need-help.html

Last edited:

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I just jailbroke my iPhone 4 with the new jailbreak and all of my music installed pre-jailbreak has stopped playing. All new music loaded works fine. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Have any people solve it?

Thanks.

EDIT: It seems that I'm not the only one who's had this problem:

modmyi.com/forums/general/745771-jailbreak-music-problem-only-experts.html

forums.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlock-forum/226771-5-0-jailbreak-problems-need-help.html

Were you previously tethered jailbroken on 5.0 or 5.0.1 or 4.3.3? I have had weird stuff happen before when I didn't restore as new iphone with new firmware before doing a jailbreak.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I am having the same problems.

I read somewhere about turning iTunes match off and on, but it didn't work.

I did find out that if I download a new song from the cloud, it will play. Also, if i delete a song on my device, and then download it from the cloud again, it will play.

Still looking for a solution beyond simply downloading all my music again.

Chris

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
Same problem here. I keep certain albums stored locally and i have to re-download those. I find it happens when I sync the device (which is not syncing wireless now....:(

DaPeeps

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Having same issue - my setup: I have a 4S with iTunes match. After jailbreaking, I was unable to play any songs that I had locally downloaded to the phone. For me, I had to turn off iTunes match, then turn it back on. After I did this - I was able to delete all my locally stored songs and then redownload them. Now, they play fine.

Seymour324

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I found a temporary fix, well atleast this worked for me. I simply turned shuffle off then back on in the music app and my music began playing again. Let me know of this works for you or if it's just a fluke

Crown510

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I'm having this exact same problem. I have Iphone 4S no Itunes Match but my purchased music won't play at all. When I deleted it from the music window and went back to redownload it via Purchase history in Itunes it worked fine. However today I got a bill for the same song that I have already paid! Anyone heard of this?:mad:

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Had the same issue but only with songs downloaded from itunes ( only two songs in my library )... all other songs play fine..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2