So I've been content with my 3.0 jailbreak for a while. MyWi worked great, activator was perfect, backgrounder worked as I wanted. I was using audiogalaxy for my cloud streaming. Everything was great.

I decided to upgraded to 5.0.1 with the untethered jb. If I even open MyWi, I can only use it wired over USB and simply opening the app causes me to lose all data functionality on my phone. Meaning that if I just open it, and close it, upon closing if I go into the twitter app, I have no data to update. If I go into safari, I can't open any webpages. I have to do a hard reboot.

Activator no longer allows me to double tap for ipod controls. It puts me in safe mode and I have to restart.

Backgrounder simply does not work at all.

And iTunes match takes 10 seconds to play a song when AudioGalaxy takes 1-2.

I'd still upgrade even if I could go back, but I just wish these things would work. Is everyone else having these issues as well? If it's only me, maybe I should re-jailbreak?
    12-28-2011 05:10 PM
    All your installed programs are old... You need to update them... Updated backgrounder isn't on cydia yet, but you can find it by googling... Perhaps I will remember to post the link here in a few, but don't count on that because im as reliable as android... And activator works fine on ios5 but you might have to reapply your options and shortcuts
    12-28-2011 05:15 PM
    All your installed programs are old... You need to update them... Updated backgrounder isn't on cydia yet, but you can find it by googling... Perhaps I will remember to post the link here in a few, but don't count on that because im as reliable as android... And activator works fine on ios5 but you might have to reapply your options and shortcuts
    Well, I updated all of my apps from the beginning. I didn't do a restore from aptbackup or anything. I just downloaded all those packages from Cydia. Shouldn't they be the updated apps?

And if you know of a deb for backgrounder that works, then that would be fantastic. I tried downloading one and installing it yesterday with no luck.
    12-28-2011 05:23 PM
    And if you know of a deb for backgrounder that works, then that would be fantastic. I tried downloading one and installing it yesterday with no luck.
    Doesn't native iOS multitasking do the trick? Double press the home button to bring up the fast app switcher.
    12-31-2011 07:15 AM
    Well, I updated all of my apps from the beginning. I didn't do a restore from aptbackup or anything. I just downloaded all those packages from Cydia. Shouldn't they be the updated apps?

Did you restore as new iphone when you upgraded to 5.0.1 and then jailbreak?

I found that on previous iPhones which were jailbroken, I had to restore as new phone to the updated firmware then jailbreak to have a good experience.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-31-2011 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD