Tethering through pdanet miwi at&t

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to tether without at&t finding out?
i read that on pdanet you can hide it but im not sure if that still works.

im on an unlimited data plan so i dont want to get demoted.
im taking a trip to florida (driving 20 hours each way)
so this would take of some of the boredom.

note. its 12 days in and im at 2.2gbs used.
(i stream netflix outside the house and i use pandora/tuneinradio)
and im jailbroken obviously.

any help would be appreciated.

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I have used tetherme on a few occasions and have not received any charges and all data transactions showed as if they were coming from the phone itself. Now the devices i connected were other phones, but it all worked out. I used it recently and went and checked my usage as the system should update with the type of data transaction; phone connection or tethering and it all showed as a phone transaction.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I heard PDA net shows that it's
Coming straight from the device, but I can't confirm

Using PDA Net to tether will not show that the fact that you are tethering from your iPhone. There is a toggle switch within the App itself that you can set to hide your usage from your carrier. I have used it many times and it really does work.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Using PDA Net to tether will not show that the fact that you are tethering from your iPhone. There is a toggle switch within the App itself that you can set to hide your usage from your carrier. I have used it many times and it really does work.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

I have installed PDAnet already just been afraid to use it. As silly as that sounds.

With 3G unrestrict and pandora/Netflix I really use data.

Oh well if they message me I'll just play dumb...

Edit: do you use level 1 or 2 hide usage...

Edit2: when I click turn on hotspot it lets me set the ssid and password but then when I hit ok it just goes back to the menu. It saves the option just never enables it.

Last edited:

tres

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
If I'm connected to a router with my phone and use pdanet to connect my laptop, does it use data or the wifi that the phone is connected to? I connected my laptop to my phone and the phone still said i was connected to my work router (Idon't want to"forget" the router to test, because I don't have the password)