Should I upgrade to 5.0.1 if I'm using an iPhone 4s?

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
derk I'm following the same route as you. Heres to waiting now.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I am 99% sure I will be ok with 5.0.1 and not shoot myself in the foot while waiting for the untethered jailbreak for the 4S. I needed better battery life.

Right now, it's only mywi/pdanet and my3g that I really miss. The other cool tweaks and apps I am ok not having.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I am 99% sure I will be ok with 5.0.1 and not shoot myself in the foot while waiting for the untethered jailbreak for the 4S. I needed better battery life.

Right now, it's only mywi/pdanet and my3g that I really miss. The other cool tweaks and apps I am ok not having.

Gahhh No SBSettings and no BiteSMS are killing me. IntelliscreenX has my mouth watering too.

Any news on the 4s JB? I follow pod2g on twitter, and all the others, it's been quiet lately though.

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
For the 4S, Apple has released 2 build versions of 5.0.1 firmware. 9A405 was the initial build number for 5.0.1 and the 4S. A week or two later they released 9A406 which said it addressed a sim card issue as well.
I am running 9A406 and that can only be installed via iTunes not via OTA like your build number.

Apple certainly makes 5.0.1 release confusing for iPhone 4S users.

Oh geeze they make it difficult enough then. I forgot there was ota option until a few hours later after fighting with iTunes lol.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I know what you mean about up to date and correct information regarding jailbreaks. There's alot of fragmented information and you have to look in several places.

BTW, I upgraded to 5.0.1 just a few days ago and I have better battery life on my 4S.

I finally updated 2 days ago since the A5 jailbreak will be on 5.0.1. I too have gained a better battery life on my 4s update. I'm usually anal about my battery life and I can tell a better usage and standby off one full charge.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Joshua Hill (@p0sixninja)
1/1/12 8:49 PM
Yes including A5 devices...

This was just tweeted by p0sixninja.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads