Go get it now!!!!
    Corona on cydia if jailbroken already
    Redsnow if you haven't jailbroken yet
    (a4 only) sorry Siri...
    12-27-2011 06:18 AM
    I think I'm going to wait until they release it for 5.0...I really don't want to go through the whole restore/rejailbreak process just to go to 5.0.1, and SemiTether is rock solid for me.
    12-27-2011 07:26 AM
    Shouldnt be that long... But why not 5.0.1? Just the whole process?? I know it took me about twelve hours from stock 5.0.1 to back where i wanted it jailbroken... Was kinda a hassle!!!
    12-27-2011 01:24 PM
    The high traffic volume sucks!!!! All my repos arent doing anything. I hope this gets resolved soon ^^
    Last edited by Glbosko53; 12-27-2011 at 03:07 PM.
    12-27-2011 02:20 PM
    Shouldnt be that long... But why not 5.0.1? Just the whole process?? I know it took me about twelve hours from stock 5.0.1 to back where i wanted it jailbroken... Was kinda a hassle!!!
    Yeah, 5.0.1 just doesn't offer enough of a change to warrant me reinstalling every little thing; I'd rather hang at 5.0 and untether that. It's not just the reinstalls--I do most of my installs from my laptop anyway--but also the various resprings, re-theming, etc. It doesn't take that long, really, I just don't see the need to do it if I'd only get to move to 5.0.1.

(short version: I'm lazy.)
    12-27-2011 04:08 PM
    Corona isn't even showing up in Cydia for me, what repo is it in??
    12-27-2011 04:55 PM
    Corona isn't even showing up in Cydia for me, what repo is it in??
    UnTethered 5.0.1 Jailbreak with Corona Cydia Tweak Download
    12-27-2011 07:46 PM
    I'm thinking that IOS 5.1, is right around the corner. Why go through the trouble of JB'ing an unstable, although untethered IOS 5.0.1? I'm staying with team pure for the time being.
    12-27-2011 08:19 PM
    I'm thinking that IOS 5.1, is right around the corner. Why go through the trouble of JB'ing an unstable, although untethered IOS 5.0.1? I'm staying with team pure for the time being.
    I plan on waiting as well. There are people reporting issues with this untethered JB all over the place since this was released.

Team Pure, FTW!!
    12-27-2011 08:33 PM
    Thank for trying to help, but my point is that this "corona" untether package that's supposed to be in the BigBoss repo is not there on my device, can't download it if it isn't there.
    12-27-2011 09:58 PM
    Thank for trying to help, but my point is that this "corona" untether package that's supposed to be in the BigBoss repo is not there on my device, can't download it if it isn't there.
    No problem. I just did a little more reading on this and apparently a lot of people are having issues with the Repos including BigBoss due to Cydia repos getting slammed today by all the Jailbreakers. Hopefully this will be resolved soon, but until then they are asking people to be patient.
    12-27-2011 10:28 PM
    between the ISX license issue and repos debacle, i went back to stock. hopefully things will get better over the next couple of days
    12-27-2011 11:27 PM
    No problem. I just did a little more reading on this and apparently a lot of people are having issues with the Repos including BigBoss due to Cydia repos getting slammed today by all the Jailbreakers. Hopefully this will be resolved soon, but until then they are asking people to be patient.
    Nevermind, it just showed up after trying again, there's 3 essential upgrades that popped up too, including a mobile substrate update.
    12-27-2011 11:48 PM
    Cydia is slow because of the influx of jail breakers... And can someone please tell me what is "unstable" about this jailbreak???
    12-27-2011 11:56 PM
    Cydia is slow because of the influx of jail breakers... And can someone please tell me what is "unstable" about this jailbreak???
    Read all the posts, and you'll see that there are problems with some of the apps within Cydia. They may or may not be related to the large amount of downloads. To me, that is instability. The wait for this JB was so long, that everybody and his brother, jumped on it the second that it was released. PEOPLE...READ ALL ABOUT PROF. PAVLOV, HIS DOG, AND THE DINNER BELL! LMAO.
    12-28-2011 12:11 AM
    Yea, how is it unstable? It's been rock solid on my device, you're just missing out by waiting..

And yea, Cydia must be getting hammered today, can't download anything, go to sleep people!!
    12-28-2011 12:19 AM
    Not unstable, just overloaded. Relax people.
    12-28-2011 12:34 AM
    Okay stupid question time.... can I run the redsn0w pc app over snowbreeze to untether?
    12-28-2011 08:28 AM
    Anybody have any problems with opening apps after doing the untethered jail break and installing Spire? I did the untether jailbreak, and everything was working fine with my Iphone. I then installed Spire, and none of my apps would work, besides mail and safari. I then removed Spire, and everything worked fine again.
    12-28-2011 05:21 PM
    Coastie if you are jailbroken use Corona from cydia, no need to perform a full jailbreak again
    12-28-2011 05:25 PM
    Read all the posts, and you'll see that there are problems with some of the apps within Cydia. They may or may not be related to the large amount of downloads. To me, that is instability. The wait for this JB was so long, that everybody and his brother, jumped on it the second that it was released. PEOPLE...READ ALL ABOUT PROF. PAVLOV, HIS DOG, AND THE DINNER BELL! LMAO.
    There is nothing unstable about this jailbreak, IT'S NOT EVEN NEW, it's been the same break, more or less, since ios5 beta was out... Pod2g just untethered it.... So, not unstable...
    12-28-2011 05:27 PM
    Coastie if you are jailbroken use Corona from cydia, no need to perform a full jailbreak again
    I am jb with snowbreeze but the untether just isn't working for me for some reason.
    12-29-2011 08:18 AM
    I have heard reports of people who used sn0wbreeze running into issues...I just did it yesterday with a fresh update to 5.0.1 and redsn0w; works great. I'd been sitting on 5.0, thinking I'd just jb that, but the wait for the bugs to be fixed made me suspect the 5.0.1 jb would be more stable than the 5.0 version. (Probably just paranoid, but...) For some reason I'm also not that crazy about using Cydia to jb--I'd rather have a standalone program--but that too is probably unfounded since Corona and Redsn0w use the same exploit.

At any rate, if I were you I'd go ahead and try a fresh install of 5.0.1 while Apple is still signing it, and then use redsn0w. Good luck!
    12-29-2011 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD