Installing IPA file

caswellsam

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys / Gals
Having a fiddled ive managed to download ITorrent ipa file to use as a bit client as Torrentula seems a bit flaky (not that i could do better mind).

How on earth to i install it on my phone ??

Whenever i search the above topic i get a walkthrough to install an "installer" that dosnt excist.

Any suggestions ??

caswellsam

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Its not piracy. Im trying to install an IPA file that isnt listed on Cydia. How is that piracy?? Im fully prepared to pay for the app.

Is there not a 3rd party installer or will i again be burned at the stake ?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Its not piracy. Im trying to install an IPA file that isnt listed on Cydia. How is that piracy?? Im fully prepared to pay for the app.

Is there not a 3rd party installer or will i again be burned at the stake ?

You will not find IPA files listed in Cydia. They will be .deb or something similar. IPA files represent (cracked) App Store apps. If you've already paid for that app, simply redownload it from (or drag & drop it if you have it on your hard drive to) iTunes and sync the iDevice. If you haven't already paid the app, go to the App Store and buy it. Once it downloads you will not have to mess around with IPA files.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
iDonev is right?if it's an ipa file it's an App Store app. What's the app you're trying to load? Maybe we can help you find it.

(And before we jump to conclusions, there are some instances when manually installing an ipa falls into a sort of gray area?say, an ipa for an older version of a free app, or for a free app Apple pulled from the App Store. That said, if this is a paid app being installed without a purchase, then yes, that's piracy.)

EDIT: I just saw that you asked about iTorrent specifically. If its available at all you should be able to find it by following these instructions: http://itorrent.ermak.us/ No idea what versions of iOS it's compatible with, however.

Last edited:

caswellsam

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Well regardless of what you google it comes to the same website so I'm presuming it's free as there a number of app updates on there.
As for paying for the app it's not available on Cydia or the Apple app store (obviously). So I'm not entirely sure what to do.

Torrentula isnt good enough as it Dosnt seem to download when you switch apps (however it does download eventually).

As for the curse him he is a pirate a am fully prepared to pay for my apps/software but if the only site I can find offers an update from December, it's simply easier to download a torrent to my phone rather than lugging round my hard drive full of my ripped DVD's along with the even heavier 9yr old laptop.

Thanks for the link I shall have a look.

Thread closed then I guess

Jon Seals

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
If it's an ipa that means it's from the AppStore and will not install legally if you didn't buy it or don't have an ADC account.

You could try searching Cydia if it's one of those rejected apps.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Just to further muddy these already murky waters...the .ipa file is also what we use to install iOS beta apps. So having one does not always mean piracy.

Jon Seals

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Just to further muddy these already murky waters...the .ipa file is also what we use to install iOS beta apps. So having one does not always mean piracy.

They're actually just .app files, .ipa is after it's been on the device and moved back to the computer. The device signs the .app with your signing profile.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for adding that, Alli. I generally try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices