Could this mean iphone4s is JAILBROKEN UNTHETERED!!!

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Congrats to pod2g! it looks like he has jailbroken the iPhone4s unthetered!! This is from his blog:
pod2g's iOS blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011
No more cache troubles
OK, figured it out, the A5 cache is not a problem anymore.
I sorted it out by doing the untether in a single thread and by flushing all the dcache then all the icache in a row at a strategical point of the process.

It took me like a hundred of tests to find the key. Hard for the nerves.

For the tech guys, here is a link explaining issues related to self modifying code ( or code patching ) on the ARM platform : Caches and Self-Modifying Code - ARM Community

Another news : I discussed with @saurik today about the launchd boot process, and he's found one missing piece of the puzzle I needed to have a perfectly stable jailbreak. He's definitly one of the best iOS gurus out there. Thank you saurik!
Posted by pod2g at 2:02 AM 70 comments
Email This
BlogThis!
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook

Previous problem he faced over the weekend:

Monday, December 19, 2011
News
Hello.

Here are the news of the 4S week-end.

The untether fails right now because I'm having processor cache issues.

I'm close, but I can't figure out what happens. It certainly has something to do with the Cortex-A9 cache management.

I could sort it out quick, it's a matter of chance.

I'll report you my progress tomorrow.

BTW: I removed (sorry) the greetings messages so that only articles related to the jailbreak remain in the main page. AFAIK Blogger don't have the option to move or fusion messages while keeping the comments.

Ciao!
Posted by pod2g at 2:17 PM 275 comments
Email This
BlogThis!
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook

Last edited:

iamldash

Sep 9, 2009
www.twitter.com
I've had my 4s for a while and ALMOST forget all the customizations I had on my 4. I miss barrel and bitesms the most...and android lock xt

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I miss mywi, my3g, bitesms, infinidocks, folder enhancer.

If an untethered jb comes out for the 4s this week, wow what a xmas present!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ChaosShadow

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
This is REALLY exciting. My co-worker has a jailbroken iP4, and it is sooo amazing how much you can customize the iPhone. I can't wait!!! :)

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
When this comes out we should make sure we donate to the one who accomplishes it. they must be working so hard.

I 100% agree with this. I always support my Hackers of all sorts. Without them, there would be a lot of things we wouldn't have.

Always support your Hacker!

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I am staying at 5.0 until pod2g or someone from iphone dev group says its ok to upgrade.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
It's ok to upgrade to 5.0.1

Do you know that for sure? I am using a 4S. I know pod2g earlier jailbroke untethered an iphone 4 using 5.0.1,but, in his blog, he didn't confirm what iOS his 4s was on.

kshen1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Do you know that for sure? I am using a 4S. I know pod2g earlier jailbroke untethered an iphone 4 using 5.0.1,but, in his blog, he didn't confirm what iOS his 4s was on.

Yes I am for sure. The exploit was found on a username exploit on iOS 5.0.1. Meaning its the software, not the hardware.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro