I just want my darn 4s jail broken!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Still? Pod2g says he's getting real close

Yeah reading that post today got me excited about a JB for the 4S. I think I will switch back to it after work today. I really miss having SIRI. It so difficult to decide which is more important. SIRI, or jailbreak. Hopefully we won't have to make that decision soon.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
So they've achieved a jailbreak and now we just have to wait for a stable release to us less experienced "hackers". Can't wait to get biteSMS back and make my phone not look like iOS anymore! That will truly be an epic day.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I saw that link this morning. Sounds more promising. Now to see how long it takes for them to get this ready for public. They said last week the 4 was about ready and we havent seen that yet. Keeping finger crossed for JB community.

kshen1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I saw that link this morning. Sounds more promising. Now to see how long it takes for them to get this ready for public. They said last week the 4 was about ready and we havent seen that yet. Keeping finger crossed for JB community.

I'm thinking that pod2g is waiting for ALL of the devices to be ready before he releases anything. Not just the 4

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
It was my understanding that his j/b for the iP 4 was at 5.0.1. He hasn't made it clear if it's safe to upgrade the iP 4S to 5.0.1 yet. Is this the one he's working on for his j/b?

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
It was my understanding that his j/b for the iP 4 was at 5.0.1. He hasn't made it clear if it's safe to upgrade the iP 4S to 5.0.1 yet. Is this the one he's working on for his j/b?

That's what I understand too. However, it all depends on what iOS5 version came on his new 4S he recently got. I would bet it was 5.0.1 but I am staying at 5.0 until I hear it's safe to upgrade to 5.0.1.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
That's what I understand too. However, it all depends on what iOS5 version came on his new 4S he recently got. I would bet it was 5.0.1 but I am staying at 5.0 until I hear it's safe to upgrade to 5.0.1.

My concern is that if Apple drops 5.1 into iTunes, we may not have a way to get to 5.0.1 if that's what the j/b uses. I wish he would communicate this better.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
My concern is that if Apple drops 5.1 into iTunes, we may not have a way to get to 5.0.1 if that's what the j/b uses. I wish he would communicate this better.

I agree with you that there is some missing important information for us A5 chip based devices who are wanting to jailbreak.

I hope there will be a way to go to 5.0.1 when 5.1 is released!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73