In my personal life and for all my experience with iOS devices I strictly use Macs. Unfortunately my work life I have to use windows and due to specific softwareI need to use, I have to have Windows XP on my company laptop. This lead to my issue. When ever I try to Just Boot using RedSn0w on my work laptop, it doesn't see the iPhone in DFU mode. So far semi-tether has been fine where I can just wait to get home but now I need iFaith to save my SHSH blobs and that only works with Windows. So here I am again with another program that won't see the iPhone in DFU mode.

I really could use some help here, any suggestions?
    12-13-2011 04:58 PM
    I can almost guarantee you that:
    1) your work PC has an old version of iTunes.
    2) doesn't have iTunes at all.
    12-14-2011 01:33 AM
    I can almost guarantee you that:
    1) your work PC has an old version of iTunes.
    2) doesn't have iTunes at all.
    Yeah what he said! Load up
    Latest iTunes and you will have all the drivers you need to recognize an apple device in dfu mode. Then you can uninstall iTunes...
    Conversely you can wait for redsnow and tiny umbrella to update soon for all your blob need
    12-14-2011 04:03 AM
    When I first had this problem I thought that iTunes not being on my laptop was the issue so I installed it. Unfortunely I'm still unable it get the DFU iPhone to Ben seen.

Any other thoughts?
    12-14-2011 07:32 AM
    Use a different USB port... Like if you're using the USB on the right side, use the one on the left or the back instead... And no dongles....
    12-15-2011 05:56 AM
    So I've updated iTunes to the latest, I've tried different usb ports, I checked and iTunes does see my iPhone but it didn't see it in DFU mode like it did on my Mac. I've also tried removing RedSn0w and re-downloading and still a no go. Is there anything else I should try? What about goggling and downloading DFU drivers?

It's looking more like I'm going to have to un-jailbreak and wait for the new untethered jailbreak. I don't want to miss out on the untethered. Hopefully it won't take too long

Does anyone remember how many betas there were for 4.1?
    12-15-2011 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD