I have a tethered jailbroken iPhone 4 and everytime it dies due to low-batt discharge and I plug it in to recharge, it turns on automatically before I get the chance to jailbreak it. As a result, all my files get deleted. How do I get around this?
    12-12-2011 07:33 PM
    I didn't know it deleted files? You can't just charge it till it turns on put it into dfu mode and boot tethered then continue to charge?
    12-12-2011 08:38 PM
    It doesn't delete files from your phone. Why do you let your phone drain to dead?
    12-12-2011 08:57 PM
    Yep, like said above you just need to do a tethered reboot. Are you familiar with what that means?
    12-12-2011 09:22 PM
    It doesn't delete files from your phone. Why do you let your phone drain to dead?
    I've been really careful not to drain to dead. I've learned the hard way not to let it drain to dead. It did delete all my files. All my contacts, my text messages, my photos, etc. Last night I forgot to plug it before I went to sleep. Woke up to it discharged.
    12-12-2011 10:59 PM
    Yep, like said above you just need to do a tethered reboot. Are you familiar with what that means?
    I've done a tethered reboot a couple of times but only when I turn it off on purpose, not when it turns off on its own due to battery discharge. You know when your phone has discharged and when you plug it to recharge, you still have to wait a couple of minutes before you can actually turn it on?

I've never tried doing a tethered reboot while it's charging (before it turns on by itself) but that's why I'm asking for advice. I don't wanna lose all my files on my phone.

I think I'm just not explaining myself well =/
    12-12-2011 11:05 PM
    I didn't know it deleted files? You can't just charge it till it turns on put it into dfu mode and boot tethered then continue to charge?
    That just might work. But are you guessing or have you done this before?
    12-12-2011 11:19 PM
    Why don't you install semi-tether. My batt rarely dies but the one time it did while jailbroken on 5.0 with semitether I did not lose any data. I just charged it on a semi tether boot to 20% in a wall outlet and then did a tethered boot with RedSn0w. No problems.
    12-13-2011 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD