AppIndexer Crashes?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I've got a weird one here: woke up this morning and my phone was in Safe Mode. When I looked at my Crash Reporter, I saw that something called AppIndexer has been crashing multiple times a day (see photo).

Can anyone tell me what AppIndexer does, and/or if I should be worried? Oddly, I don't think it caused my Safe Mode issue because it crashes do frequently I would have seen it a long time ago. Thanks for the help!

LaRib.jpg

mjpoetic

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
Check your installed tweaks!

Sorry that this is weeks later but...

I don't know if this is your case but I had the Backgrounder tweak causing my crashes. You may want to check if you have it installed and if so uninstall it. Also, I went the old-school route of enabling one tweak at a time to test what the cause was. It was time consuming but helped me narrow the problem down.

Hope this helps!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't use Backgrounder, but thanks. The devs from IntelliScreenX said that Saurik was working on a fix for this issue. FWIW it doesn't seem to affect my daily use at all.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Dude, I removed crash reporter because appindexer was crashing hundreds of times a day!!!! No safe mode though I had to remove crash reporter so I would stop obsessing over it

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ha, I could see it getting to you...I don't really mind as long as it isn't affecting other things, which it doesn't seem to be doing...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2