Hey guys! I'm always taking suggestions for mods or repairs! If you guys have a repair or modification you'd like to see done, please feel free to post it here! I'll check the thread often and actively take suggestions and questions!
    Ginbill likes this.
    12-07-2011 02:28 PM
    How to replace the speaker so people aren't stuck using only speakerphone?
    12-10-2011 11:33 AM
    How to replace the speaker so people aren't stuck using only speakerphone?
    Which phone model? Please don't say the 4
    12-12-2011 01:02 PM
    How about replacing or fixing(if possible) a sleep/wake button for iPhone 4...?
    12-12-2011 10:44 PM
    Which phone model? Please don't say the 4
    That would involve all 27 screws to come out and those tiny little washers lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-12-2011 10:58 PM
    That would involve all 27 screws to come out and those tiny little washers lol

lol..well...im sure she can cut the time down when she records it...
    12-12-2011 11:08 PM
    I will look at all these ideas guys. Only 6 of the screws in the iPhone 4 actually have washers on them. And I don't ever take them completely out. Just loosening them allows the frame to come out just fine. Just a tip : ) If you take them out, they're the devil to get back in.

The sleep/wake button is a good one considering that is a known issue. And a home button replacement. The problem with a home button replacement is almost the entire phone has to come apart.

Maybe we should start putting a rating on guides? Easy to ninja difficulty?

The sleep/power shouldn't be TOO hard. There's 3 things that could cause that problem (the bracket, the actual flex cable, or the actual button). I could probably combine them into one video though.
    12-14-2011 01:38 PM
    I think that rating idea would be great. I wouldn't want to go into something without having an idea about how difficult it would be for someone who's never done any mods before to do. It'd be really helpful imo.
    12-16-2011 03:17 PM
    I will look at all these ideas guys. Only 6 of the screws in the iPhone 4 actually have washers on them. And I don't ever take them completely out. Just loosening them allows the frame to come out just fine. Just a tip : ) If you take them out, they're the devil to get back in.

The sleep/wake button is a good one considering that is a known issue. And a home button replacement. The problem with a home button replacement is almost the entire phone has to come apart.

Maybe we should start putting a rating on guides? Easy to ninja difficulty?

The sleep/power shouldn't be TOO hard. There's 3 things that could cause that problem (the bracket, the actual flex cable, or the actual button). I could probably combine them into one video though.
    Dang if I would have know that I could have saved 20 min trying to put those things back in lol thanks

12-16-2011 04:52 PM
    Ally how much would you charge for an iPhone coming from Canada? I'm considering the full blue change.
    12-18-2011 02:39 PM
    Ally how much would you charge for an iPhone coming from Canada? I'm considering the full blue change.
    It would just depend on what shipping is. A full swap is $150 - then whatever shipping is. I could probably cut a bit off the shipping too.
    jake8188 likes this.
    12-20-2011 02:05 PM
    hmmmmmm may have to consider this will hit you up if I decide to do it.
    01-06-2012 10:53 AM
    hmmmmmm may have to consider this will hit you up if I decide to do it.
    Sure thing. i've got a few different types of blue. If you're ever interested just shoot me an e-mail at ally@pxlfix.com
    01-15-2012 08:56 PM
    I would love to see a repair guide for the Silent switch and the Volume buttons for an iPhone 4. My phone dropped and I wanted to know if there was a way to fix those. Thanks!
    02-01-2012 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD