I have an iPhone 4 unlocked with GEVEY Sim Ultra on iOs 5 (baseband 4.10.01)

I want to enable the hotspot feature on my phone, how do I go about doing that?

Note: I do not want to jailbreak (I want that as a last resort). I'm talking about enabling the built in feature.

I've googled this for hours and cant find a solution...
    Last edited by Sergeant_Manny; 12-07-2011 at 12:31 PM.
    12-07-2011 12:29 PM
    First, get the feature added to your calling plan via your provider....

Then - go to >>Settings >>General >>Network >>Set-up personal hotspot
    12-07-2011 01:01 PM
    My provider is T-Mobile

So all I need to do is activate tethering on my account and then the option to setup tethering will appear on my phone?

I didn't consider that since I know that T-Mobile 3g doesn't work on the iPhone 4.

I needed to fix my MMS settings through a plist edit and I was hoping hotspot functionality could be activated the same way.

And when I had my 3GS, I used MyWi and I didn't not have the tethering plan at the time (although I guess the purpose of MyWi with iPhone 4 is to bypass that in the first place)

But is it guaranteed that i'll get the hotspot option once i activate it on my current plan?
    12-08-2011 12:59 PM
    T-Mo is a whole different thing... Instructions I posted are for carriers that support the iPhone... I have no clue on making it work on T-Mo.
    12-08-2011 01:11 PM
    On t-Mobil you need to jailbreak... But if 3G doesn't work on t-mobil, what's the point of tethering??
    12-08-2011 01:50 PM
    Well, I'm perfectly happy with just having EDGE for web browsing.

But I might have no choice but to jailbreak.

Now what if I purchased a factory unlocked iphone 4s.

Do you know if it will work on that?
    12-08-2011 11:00 PM
    Well a 4s unlocked should work on tmobil, so no jailbreak should be necessary... Which is good because currently the 4s jailbreak isn't public.
    12-09-2011 03:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD