iPhone 4 iOS 5 Jailbreak help needed

ihateyou352

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to Jailbreak my iPhone running iOS5. I downloaded the iOS5 ipsw firmware, but I am not sure what file to select when I go to manually select the ipsw file on redsn0w. Do I leave it as a zip and select it like that or is there an individual file I select? Thanks for the help!!!

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Just get the IPSW file and slap it onto your desktop. Select the file from there. There's no need to make any changes to the IPSW file at all. You can JB 5.0.1 as well. Not sure if you're aware of that.

ihateyou352

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the ipsw from the redmondpie site. It is a zip folder. When I unzip it I dont see any ipsw file. Do I have to unzip it or do I leave it zipped?

damienstarr

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
ok im hoping u guys can help new to the iphone want to jailbreak it running ios 5.0.1 iv gone through redsnow im using ipsw 5.0 because the 5.0.1 wont work on the new version of resnow after putting my phone in dfu mode redsnow tell me your phone model does not support the untethered option and quites on me im not going for an untethered im going foe tethered but its just not working for me any advice

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ok im hoping u guys can help new to the iphone want to jailbreak it running ios 5.0.1 iv gone through redsnow im using ipsw 5.0 because the 5.0.1 wont work on the new version of resnow after putting my phone in dfu mode redsnow tell me your phone model does not support the untethered option and quites on me im not going for an untethered im going foe tethered but its just not working for me any advice

Why don't you try using sn0wbreeze (beta 11)? It takes just as long to do and iBooty (the tool used to boot up the phone) doesn't require files from any IPSW.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711