jailbreak for iPhone 4S?

risingofthephoenix

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
why the hell is the jailbreak out for iOS 5 Devices but not for the iPhone 4S or iPad 2? I just don't get it.....you would think they would release it for Xmas

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Maybe because Apple really doesn't want it to happen, so they close exploits and holes, making it harder each time.

And why Christmas? It's not a fruitcake!

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

K.J

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Yip, jailbreak is hampered by the A5 chip.

Anyone have an idea why though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

The same reason old bootrom 3GS owners enjoy an untethered jailbreak: every new chipset fixes the bugs of the previous one.

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site

The limerain exploit has been patched so now they have to find a userland exploit that will give them root access and once they have that they are looking for low level exploits such as in the boot rom or a kernel exploit so that they can create a jailbreak that lasts. It involves a lot of code searching and poking around, and reverse engineering so it can take quite a long time. Pod2g was working on the shatter exploit for months before it came available. Once they find an exploit that works and is low level enough they then do the easy part and create a jailbreak using Apple's code to verify that it works. If that works they then have to figure out a way to get custom code for the jailbreak and then code how that is delivered to make the jailbreak work. A reason why we don't get in trouble from Apple for jailbreaking is that the jailbreak code is custom coded and does not use Apple's code or else we would all get in trouble for copyright infringement.

I beg you and others to read the jailbreak wiki. Ignore the high level technical stuff but in doing so you will begin to understand how difficult of a process this is and appreciate it more. I know I did and after doing so tend to not have patience for those who scream for a jailbreak immediately and don't really like the timeframe to complete.

Reactions: redbeard

ducky

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Let's not forget most of the jailbreak authors do it for the common good and have jobs to earn a living as well. Yes they accept donations, but it's not a requisite.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234