No wifi, need to jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1

SadPanda1

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,
I am really having a tough time and I am praying that somebody will have a solution for me. I have an iPhone 3G that was on iOS3 (don?t remember exact number but I know I used Blackra1n). I upgraded it to iOS 4 and it got really slow and my wifi stopped working. I upgraded again and am currently on iOS 4.2.1. My Baseband is 05.15.04. Wifi still doesn?t work.
How can I jailbreak this phone and get the wifi working again? Keep in mind I do not have wifi or any sort of cellular data (I was using a non-ATT sim card).
Thank you in advance for helping me and have a merry Christmas!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Wifi not working seems to be hardware I would try a restore fresh install 4.2.1 and see if wifi comes back before jailbreaking ...
If still not it's prob hardware at that point I would use redsnow and jailbreak and then use redsnow to update the baseband to 6.15.00 to be able to unlock it and atleast get cellular data back

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Jon Seals

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
That sounds like a hardware issue, whether it's a loose antenna cable or a dead wifi chip, I'd take it to your nearest Apple store. Do not mention anything about jailbreaking, and make sure you restore first.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner