Noob to restoring!!!!

mascott

Oct 12, 2010
www.twitter.com
I'm on ios 5.0.1 and i'm trying to restore to 4.2.8., but i miss my untethered jailbreak. I have my shsh blobs for ios 4.2.8. saved, and i downloaded ios 4.2.8.(restore) to my computer (windows). This is my first time using Redsnow, which i also have the latest version of it downloaded. But issue i'm having is when i downloaded ios 4.2.8.(restore), its zipped! when i unzip it, i get multiple items! Which out of these items do i use? Or should i even unzip it at at?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm on ios 5.0.1 and i'm trying to restore to 4.2.8., but i miss my untethered jailbreak. I have my shsh blobs for ios 4.2.8. saved, and i downloaded ios 4.2.8.(restore) to my computer (windows). This is my first time using Redsnow, which i also have the latest version of it downloaded. But issue i'm having is when i downloaded ios 4.2.8.(restore), its zipped! when i unzip it, i get multiple items! Which out of these items do i use? Or should i even unzip it at at?

I believe you just changed the file extension to ispw. From what I have read, the computer just reads it as a zip file, but it really isn't. I'll look a little more and see what I can find for you.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: mascott

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I just googled it a little and you just change the extension and you should be okay. I've never done it, just seen it talked about here. Other people will chime in soon that have done it. But that should get you started.

Reactions: mascott

mascott

Oct 12, 2010
www.twitter.com
Yeah I just googled it a little and you just change the extension and you should be okay. I've never done it, just seen it talked about here. Other people will chime in soon that have done it. But that should get you started.

ok, do i change the zip file extension to .ispw? or do i unzip it first?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah don't unzip, just change the file extension. It should be pretty straight forward after that.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner