pre iOS 5 the alert tones for apps used to be bundled with the app and i would be able to go in and change the .caf file to something different other than the horrible default tone

now i believe they have moved to another location. i have searched all of the system files for FB, G+, WWF etc. and no luck at all

has anyone had any luck with this?
    11-20-2011 09:19 AM
    let me look & see what I can find
    11-20-2011 01:25 PM
    let me look & see what I can find
    still looking??
    11-28-2011 05:03 PM
    In the Facebook folder, Facebook.app has a WAV called chord... I think that is the default tone...
    Is that why you are talking about??
    11-30-2011 12:07 AM
    The apps are stored in the .app file structures OFF the iPhone. The .app file is actually a renamed .zip file. I have had some success opening the .app file, locating the alerts and other sounds there... even changed one of them and then reinstalled the app (dragging the file to itunes/my phone.

I have also used this process to extract tones for conversion .m4a/.m4r format for use as ring tones and text tones.
    11-30-2011 08:41 AM
    In the Facebook folder, Facebook.app has a WAV called chord... I think that is the default tone...
    Is that why you are talking about??
    i saw that but is that the default tone? i am not sure because i normally turn the FB sound OFF since i was assuming it was still the dreaded Tri-tone sound

The apps are stored in the .app file structures OFF the iPhone. The .app file is actually a renamed .zip file. I have had some success opening the .app file, locating the alerts and other sounds there... even changed one of them and then reinstalled the app (dragging the file to itunes/my phone.

I have also used this process to extract tones for conversion .m4a/.m4r format for use as ring tones and text tones.
    i was kind of hoping it would be something as simple as using iFile like i have done in the past. i will look into this, thank you
    11-30-2011 09:18 AM
    .... bump..??

pre iOS 5 the alert tones for apps used to be bundled with the app and i would be able to go in and change the .caf file to something different other than the horrible default tone

now i believe they have moved to another location. i have searched all of the system files for FB, G+, WWF etc. and no luck at all

has anyone had any luck with this?
    01-24-2012 01:20 PM
    Have you tried looking in any of your saved backups on your computer?
    01-25-2012 02:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD