Need help with unlocking iphone 3gs running BB 5.16.01

born2njoy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I have an iPhone 3Gs running BB 5.16.01 with iOS 4.3. Could anyone please guide me through the process or post a link to unlock my phone ?. I don't mind if I lose GPS functionality by updating to BB 6.15.00 as I desperately want to use the phone with my new carrier. Thanks for your help.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Use redsnow it's simple just google it
U need to jailbreak then use redsnow again to update the bb then install ultra snow in Cydia to unlock

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ovidiu1305

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Download redsn0w 0.9.9b8 from the Dev-Team Blog, open it select jailbreak. Then press net and will have to follow the instructions to put to DFU. Normally you should get to a screen where you should select Cydia and Install Ipad baseband, then press next. If you dont get to the screen where you can chose the options (Cydia and install baseband) and gets blocked or turn on,open redsnow again and do sellect jailbreak again and put to dfu.This time should work.
After is done , open cydia and search for ultrasn0w, and install it.Should be unlocked

born2njoy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Stuck up while jailbreaking

Thank you both for the response.

When I tried this method, after I enter into DFU mode, the phone reboots and gets into a black screen and does not progress further. In the redsnow application, it shows the message "No identifying data fetched". I tried this step multiple times with no luck.

When I googled this error, they are suggesting to manually select the IPSW file from Extras section. So, should I manually download and select stock IPSW for 4.3 version in my case.

Thanks for your time and help

Last edited:

aarlene

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
You can use Remote Unlocking Service to unlock your i phone 3Gs!You can get the remote unlocking service from reliable online sites like onlinegsmunlock.com .Specify Your phone's manufacture, model,country and network to unlock your phone!The unlocking services are reasonably priced and the unlocking process is simple to do!!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You can use Remote Unlocking Service to unlock your i phone 3Gs!You can get the remote unlocking service from reliable online sites like onlinegsmunlock.com .Specify Your phone's manufacture, model,country and network to unlock your phone!The unlocking services are reasonably priced and the unlocking process is simple to do!!

Boo!
Hiss!!!
You are not welcome here, Ham in a can

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If you need your unlock u need to make a custom Ipsw ... Download stock one .. Then go redsnow extra create Ipsw .. It will be named .. No bb .. The go dfu from extra then open iTunes hold shift and click restore and select your no bb custom Ipsw ..

If you just JB then download stock Ipsw file go redsnow extra the click select Ipsw select the stock ipsw after message pops up saying this will be used for rest of session go back to main redsnow a screen click JB and next then dfu and you should be good

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm I need to read lol
Sorry to unlock you will have to go to iPad baseband so after you JB rerun redsnow select Ipsw like before but go to JB but just select update baseband nothing else .. This can not be done along with the first JB when installing Cydia .. It has never worked for me like that I always had to run redsnow twice

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234