Will this trick unlock iphone 4s??

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Step 1: If you haven?t already, insert your AT&T SIM into your iPhone 4S.

Step 2: Make a drop-call to 611, which is AT&T?s customer service number. Once you?ve dropped the call, activate Airplane mode.

Step 3: Remove your AT&T SIM and replace with the T-Mobile one

Step 4: Ensure that Wi-Fi is deactivated completely by ?forgetting? any automatically connected networks.

Step 5: Now deactivate Airplane mode. Your device will begin searching for a signal. You will be met with the Apple splash screen followed by the familiar activation screen.

Step 6: EDGE network should automatically activate, and if all has gone well, you should see that "E" in the top-left corner of your iPhone?s screen.

Step 7: After a 20-30 second waiting period, switch your phone off, and back on again. You should once again see that Activation Required screen.

Step 8: Once you notice a signal bar, hit Use Cellular Connection

Step 9: Eject your SIM, after which you will see the activation notice for the third and final time.

Step 10: Finally, re-insert your SIM, and your device should be unlocked!

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
TiPb tweeted this method too...
Although I hardly consider a glitch that involves two specific carriers a true unlock.

dieselboy28

May 1, 2009
Visit site
So basically this happened: Every apple blog/site/twitter account posted this unlock trick. Then I go and try to find actual proof from people that have done this and come up with nothing.

If this only works with AT&T and T-Mo sims it doesn't help me, especially if you need to redo the hack each time the phone is powered off. But I'd still like to find out and test this on my Rogers 4S.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
We could not make it work on a 4S. Gave up after 2 hours. The phone always locked again once it attempted a call.

ovidiu1305

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
From what i read the user that said it worked were on 5.0.1, did anyone with 5.0.1 with at&t tried it ? i am curious to find out, but cant try it since mine was not locked to at&t

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods