OTA jailbreak for iOS5, like jailbreakme.com?

Frankie Figs

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Is there going to be an OTA jailbreak for iOS5, like jailbreakme.com? My computer is down right now and I miss my jailbreak!

Thanks,
Frankie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
There may be eventually, but at this moment, there isn't, and no date as to when there will be one. Sorry

lenmac08#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
this question is not meant to be rude and is merely a curiosity thing but...

what is taking so long for the devs to come up with an untethered jailbreak? Has Apple done something very different with iOS 5 that has really complicated things?

Looking forward to the answers and to more jail breaking!!

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
this question is not meant to be rude and is merely a curiosity thing but...

what is taking so long for the devs to come up with an untethered jailbreak? Has Apple done something very different with iOS 5 that has really complicated things?

Looking forward to the answers and to more jail breaking!!

Well it's only been what 4 weeks since iOS5 came out? The semi-tethered JB works great until an untether comes out.

iOS 4 wasn't jailbroken for 7 weeks if I remember correctly after it came out so this is pretty normal, even though it does seem like forever..

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure, but in order to get OTA jailbreak, the devs must discover a bug that can be exploited from the browser. The current exploits occur in the booting sequence, while the bug used by JailBreakMe.com in it's latest two iterations had to do with PDF vulnerabilities.

Reactions: lenmac08#IM

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well clearly there is a HUGE hole somewhere in 5.0... I think everyone heard of the guy who hot an app past apple that connected to a web page, then something on the web page could take, and place info from
and to the iPhone.
Also the devs have been saying userland exploit for a while so
I'm betting on an untethered jailbreakme.com jailbreak on the not too distant future

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
Well clearly there is a HUGE hole somewhere in 5.0... I think everyone heard of the guy who hot an app past apple that connected to a web page, then something on the web page could take, and place info from
and to the iPhone.
Also the devs have been saying userland exploit for a while so
I'm betting on an untethered jailbreakme.com jailbreak on the not too distant future

Sorry, I understand it now. I had to read it a few time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods