IntelliScreenX - THE Reason to Jailbreak iOS 5

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
fix for authenticating:

@intelliborn: Corona 1.0-3 (untether for iOS 5.0.1) fixes launchctl which was preventing our apps authenticating. If you are on 5.0.1, please install.

Citadelsix

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, tried that with no love

Corona hasn't seemed to fix the problem. I'm rebooting my device now to see if a post-Corona reboot does the trick...

Yep! That was it. The phone needed a full reboot, not just a respring, to get Corona fully working and the daemon issue to go away.

YAY!

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Having a weird issue I wonder if someone can help with. I have ISX set to NOT show on startup?I use it only via the pull down shade. But if I tap on a notification in ISX on my lockscreen to launch an app (Words With Friends for instance) and deal with the notification, then the next time I unlock my phone the ISX pull-down will be down over my lockscreen.

Does anyone know how to make ISX reset its position after tapping a notification? Or is this a bug? I don't remember getting this behavior before...

Mario_G

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
My lockscreen crash, when I install "Favorite Contacts for NotificationCenter" from Cydia with IntelliscreenX. Any hints or help ? It works outside the lockscreen well...

Thanx you!

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
what in the hell is going on with the Messages+ (standalone) tweak?? it's been weeks since the guys at Intelliborn said they were close to finishing it up

i am no longer using ISX but have found that the M+ is way better than biteSMS

cmrngetty

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
what in the hell is going on with the Messages+ (standalone) tweak?? it's been weeks since the guys at Intelliborn said they were close to finishing it up

In what ways?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

No more ISX for you?!? How come?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
In what ways?

for me, it came down to the UI and the way it streamlined with ISX. bite just felt out of place

as far as biteSMS all alone i feel it was great during the 4.x.x days because it benefits "heavy texters" very well, still does. ever since 5.0 something changed for me and i cannot pin point it yet

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
For me Bite went astray with the way it dealt with what used to called QuickList. It was essentially left out of the newer Bite app in favor of more Notification Center integration, and that never worked for me.

Before, it felt like a great replacement SMS app?now it feels, to me, more like a half-baked thing, part Bite, part Apple.

ThunderFan

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Are there any ipad weather widgets that work with intelliscreenx? I am guessing not since there aren't many notification screen widgets out for the ipad yet.

keitacannon

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone - thanks for so much great information with this app. I thought I had read all the pages and didn't see an answer for this, so I apologize if I skipped over but... How do I get my "Message" and "Mail" alerts on the same page? As I recall with the previous version of Intelliscreen, one could indicate which pages you wanted certain alerts to appear. Ideally, I could have all Message, Mail and Facebook alerts all on the same page (I'm not so popular as this would be unmanageable for me). :). Thanks in advance!

Ahh... just figured it out. Place the Mail option under "Hidden IntelliscreenX Pages" and just keep the Mail notifications on in the iOS Notification Center. In case someone else was wondering too! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone - thanks for so much great information with this app. I thought I had read all the pages and didn't see an answer for this, so I apologize if I skipped over but... How do I get my "Message" and "Mail" alerts on the same page? As I recall with the previous version of Intelliscreen, one could indicate which pages you wanted certain alerts to appear. Ideally, I could have all Message, Mail and Facebook alerts all on the same page (I'm not so popular as this would be unmanageable for me). :). Thanks in advance!

There are five screens in ISX:

-Mail (email previews)
-Notification Center (various alerts including whatever you set up in NC)
-Twitter
-Facebook
-RSS Reader
(you can toggle all of these off or on except for Notification Center, which is always on)

It sounds like you basically want to set up the second one to show all your messages and mail. To do so, go to Settings>Notifications>Edit and drag whatever you want alerts for into the "In Notification Center" list. Bear in mind that you won't actually see anything there until you have a notification/email/message/etc.

Also on that page:

IntelliScreenX Settings: used to fine tune your ISX behavior; what happens when you tap a notification, whether or not you see it on your lockscreen all the time, etc. Take the time to explore this after your initial setup.

ISX QuickSettings: an SBSettings-like row of toggles for 3G, WiFi, and so on. I keep mine in the ISX Top Shelf.

ISX Ticker: a cool little clock/news update widget that will scroll through recent updates to your facebook/twitter/RSS feeds so you don't have to scroll over to those pages.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: keitacannon

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
very nice explanation, sir!

ISX Ticker: a cool little clock/news update widget that will scroll through recent updates to your facebook/twitter/RSS feeds so you don't have to scroll over to those pages.

i was wondering if it is possible to still get ticker feeds even if the IntellScreenX pages are turned OFF?

i made an attempt and it appears it does not but maybe i'm missing something...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
very nice explanation, sir!

i was wondering if it is possible to still get ticker feeds even if the IntellScreenX pages are turned OFF?

i made an attempt and it appears it does not but maybe i'm missing something...

Doesn't seem like it...I used to never use my RSS page, and when it was hidden it never showed in the ticker. Made it visible yesterday and now it's in the ticker.

One nice feature I didn't mention earlier: if you see something interesting in the ticker, tap it--you'll be whisked directly to the article/post on the relevant page. Pretty cool, and saves you from slogging through every little status update on facebook/twitter.

linds15

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
after extensive searching i cant find the answer, so figured id ask here. im on a 4S jailbroken on 5.0.1. up until i jailbroke, if i got a notification on my lockscreen i could swipe across it to go to that email or message, since installing the trial versions of intelliscreenx and bite sms i cant swipe them, i have tun unlock and go into them, or open up NC on the locksceen and navigate to it. anyone know a fix for this?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You mean you still get the native popup, but can't swipe the icon anymore? (Because if you're talking about the notifications inside of ISX, you don't swipe those.) I haven't heard of that issue before...are you sure you're beginning your swipe on the app icon? It won't work otherwise.

linds15

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
You mean you still get the native popup, but can't swipe the icon anymore? (Because if you're talking about the notifications inside of ISX, you don't swipe those.) I haven't heard of that issue before...are you sure you're beginning your swipe on the app icon? It won't work otherwise.

yes im talking about the native popup, when i press on a notification in ISX, that works fine. ive tried fb messages, texts, and espn breaking news updates, none of them let me slide

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you try uninstalling the trials (one at a time) to confirm if one is the issue? I honestly haven't heard of this problem before and it has me curious.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73