IntelliScreenX - THE Reason to Jailbreak iOS 5

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
done & fixed! and yes they are, which is what some people do not understand when they complain about how much it costs. worth every cent!

can't believe some people are still asking for trial resets

planetbeing

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm one of the developers for IntelliScreenX. Just a reminder for anyone experiencing crashes: They are by far our number one priority to fix. Crash Reporter from Cydia is a pretty good tool for sending them to us. As soon as we receive a crash log (that's something wrong with IntelliScreenX, of course), we can get the fix out the same day 99% of the time.

For example, the alarm popups thing: I'd love it if someone would show me a crash report for that problem. No one should have to "just avoid something" or "live with it" because it crashes. :(

However, almost all of the crash reports we receive don't have anything to do with IntelliScreenX. The easiest way to tell which tweak is at fault is to look in the crash report and look under backtrace for whichever thread crashed. Usually, it's thread 0 (the main thread), so it will say "Thread 0 Crashed:". Then whichever tweak comes up in the backtrace is usually at fault. Often there are multiple tweaks in there, and generally "whoever touched it last" (i.e., whoever appears nearer to the top of backtrace) is the tweak that has to be fixed to prevent the crash.

Sometimes, the backtrace is unclear because it says "Last Exception Backtrace" in which case a specialty tool is necessary to figure out what caused the crash. Other times, no tweaks appear in the backtrace and those are the hardest to figure out. That means some unknown tweak changed something and somewhere down the line caused Apple's code to crash (instead of right away). However, that last case is rare.

Reactions: Massie and BLiNK

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
wow, thanks for stopping by! i know this may sound redundant but i cannot thank you guys enough for all the work put into this. the support you guys have shown since the first beta on has definitely put you leaps and bounds ahead of most Devs.*

right before ISX was released i was seriously contemplating staying stock and calling it good. then came along IntelliScreenX. this tweak alone has rejuvenated the excitement in jailbreaking again, for me and i am sure a lot of others as well :)

once again. thanks!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, great work and great support, which is everything in this game. Just emailed you crash/syslogs for the alarm alert bug. Hope they help!

(Edit: it seems to be a bug in Popup Blocker, and nothing to do with ISX. Thanks David!)

Last edited:

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok....so knock on wood try #2. So far, 24hrs later and Crash Report is not reporting ANY crashes. Kinda funny how a small tweak for the notifier was causing all my issues.

@Planetbeing...thanks for stopping by and creating such a great app....truly awesome.

Bob

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Where's the camera icon???

Just realized there is supposed to be a camera icon on the lockscreen but with ISX I don't see that?!? Does that happen for everyone? Is there a way to get it back?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Just realized there is supposed to be a camera icon on the lockscreen but with ISX I don't see that?!? Does that happen for everyone? Is there a way to get it back?

The camera icon only shows up when you double click the Home button at the lockscreen. It's like that whether or not you're jailbroken, and has nothing to do with ISX.

Reactions: talkin73

SlydWyz

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Greetings all, new to the forum but have been lurking and JBing for some time now. Bought this app and added the beta repo to get every little update and I must say this is the best investment in an app ever made!!

I'd like to know, since you can get rss feeds, how do I go about adding TiPb as a feed? Is there a specific URL that someone can point out to me so I can add it? I think it'd be much easier that going thru the TiPb app, wouldn't it?

Thanks all!!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Greetings all, new to the forum but have been lurking and JBing for some time now. Bought this app and added the beta repo to get every little update and I must say this is the best investment in an app ever made!!

I'd like to know, since you can get rss feeds, how do I go about adding TiPb as a feed? Is there a specific URL that someone can point out to me so I can add it? I think it'd be much easier that going thru the TiPb app, wouldn't it?

Thanks all!!

i just added the TiPb feed to my google reader, which can be imported to the ISX feeds as well

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if there is a tweak for ISX for the ipod controls? Looking all over Cydia and and can't seem to find anything.

Bob

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
a lot of people have been requesting this feature natively but, as of now, it's a no go

i use MusicCenter for NotificationCenter. it is .99 and works great!

also you can tweet #NowPlaying and will allow you to @Mention

i have mine in my Top Shelf so it can be hidden easily when not being used

Reactions: talkin73

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I had to reboot the other day and found that my iPhone was significantly faster without any JB tweaks/apps loaded and made me wonder what the culprit was that caused the lags... it could take 5 seconds for my iP4 to respond to a press of the Home button, 10 seconds to load apps, among other annoyances. After the reboot on my semi-tethered iP4 everything was so snappy it blew me away. I assumed it must be ISX so I uninstalled and resprung but no change. I then reinstalled it but turned off the theme CarbonPro and all elements associated with it in Winterboard. Wow! I've never had a theme slow down my iPhone that badly before. But, I still have all my apps and tweaks but no theme and everything is about as snappy as a stock iP4 with 5.0.1. Giving up the theme was a lot more palatable than losing ISX but I was getting frustrated with the lag. Glad ISX wasn't the culprit!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i wouldn't hold your breath on that one. people have been requesting all kinds of different features but it appears the devs are going to keep it as is, for now

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
anyone else having ISX license issues after the untether install??

this is thee reason i jailbreak and if it does not get squared away soon i may as well go back to stock

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73