IntelliScreenX - THE Reason to Jailbreak iOS 5

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Trying out the trial for a few days and so far - wow. Honestly this is how the notification center should have been made, holy cow. Hesitant on downloading biteSMS with this. Is it safe? If so, which beta?

add this repo to your sources in Cydia. then download biteSMS from within that repo

Code:
http://cydia.bitesms.com/

more biteSMS info:

Release 6.0 (beta 15) out now... - biteSMS

as far is it being safe i guess try with caution? i haven't had any issues with my setup but if you do then just remove the bite beta for now

also, a lot of people are raving about Messages+ which is free with a paid version of ISX. i'm tempted to try it myself

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
is there any setting that can make intelliscreenx come up when i wake up the phone....instead of having to drag down to get to it?

try Settings > Notifications > IntelliScreenX Settings > Show on Lock Screen & Show on Startup > ON

probably gonna have to respring too

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok, got everything figured out. I had another tweak that was causing an issue. Gotta say I like the reply option with ISX now...works great. Not sure you even need BiteSMS.

BiteSMS is not working, will cause respring....trust me.

Bob

Make sure you're using the latest beta from Bite, not the usual one you would find in Cydia. (You need to add this repo to find it: http://test-cydia.bitesms.com/ ) I've been using it without any trouble at all the whole time I've used IntelliScreenX. On the other hand, I did read that some versions of CallBar were causing major respring headaches; in case anyone reading this thread is having issues, that might be one to check.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Twitter feed disappearing is something that happens often, as i have read on their twitter. it has not happened to me ever though

here is how i have my settings configured for the twitter feed

question: do you use the FB or RSS feeds?

Thanks, I'll try those settings and see what happens. I do use the FB feed, and it works well--which is what confused me about the Twitter feed seeming so buggy. But maybe the issue is on Twitter's end more than inside of ISX.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
try Settings > Notifications > IntelliScreenX Settings > Show on Lock Screen & Show on Startup > ON

probably gonna have to respring too

Both of those are already selected...and still no joy....on a side note do you know how to quit having the native notifications quit coming up on the lockscreen behind intelliscreenX you know how ios implemented that you just have to slide to open what ever notifications there are....i would just like to use intelliscreenx alone without those annoying ios native popups.....

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
To deal with native notifications just go into Settings/Notifications/In Notification Center and then in each individual app turn off the View in Lockscreen option. That gets rid of the popups but you still get notifications in ISX.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
To deal with native notifications just go into Settings/Notifications/In Notification Center and then in each individual app turn off the View in Lockscreen option. That gets rid of the popups but you still get notifications in ISX.

but this method will not wake the device which is what i need. while at work, on my desk, i like the fact that when a notification is received if for some reason i miss the vibrate i'll see the screen lit up. i have the LS dim set in a manner where i can read the message and not even have to touch my phone

I NEED POPUP BLOCKER!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I NEED POPUP BLOCKER!

Ha, so true. I always used it to block everything except BiteSMS; would probably do something similar now. The crazy thing is that one suspects it would be a simple job compared to updating LockInfo, but it seems like Ashman is dead set on doing it in that order.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Make sure you're using the latest beta from Bite, not the usual one you would find in Cydia. (You need to add this repo to find it: http://test-cydia.bitesms.com/ ) I've been using it without any trouble at all the whole time I've used IntelliScreenX. On the other hand, I did read that some versions of CallBar were causing major respring headaches; in case anyone reading this thread is having issues, that might be one to check.

Using with latest CallBar and BiteSMS without any issues so far... only JB on 5.0.1 for about 24 hrs but spending lots of time testing. Appreciate the info from all who have been testing this out.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
How to get multi-day weather to show?

I can't find a setting in ISX, Weather app settings or otherwise that will show 5 or 6 days of weather on the ISX screen, but I see it on people's screenshots and videos. Can someone tell me how to get multiple days (instead of just one day) of weather to appear?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I can't find a setting in ISX, Weather app settings or otherwise that will show 5 or 6 days of weather on the ISX screen, but I see it on people's screenshots and videos. Can someone tell me how to get multiple days (instead of just one day) of weather to appear?

you should be able to swipe the weather widget left or right to view the 6 day forecast

Reactions: talkin73

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I'll try those settings and see what happens. I do use the FB feed, and it works well--which is what confused me about the Twitter feed seeming so buggy. But maybe the issue is on Twitter's end more than inside of ISX.

Finally figured out my Twitter issue with the help of ISX dev planetbeing. I had Twitter set up to only use HTTPS, which was conflicting with the ISX settings; he sent me a new .deb, and as soon as I installed it everything was perfect. My hat is off to a guy ready to do that for a user at 1am on a Friday night.

He mentioned that the fix will be included in an upcoming release, but for now I imagine that a workaround for anyone else experiencing a blank Twitter feed would simply be to turn off the "Always use https" setting in your Twitter web settings.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Finally figured out my Twitter issue with the help of ISX dev planetbeing. I had Twitter set up to only use HTTPS, which was conflicting with the ISX settings; he sent me a new .deb, and as soon as I installed it everything was perfect. My hat is off to a guy ready to do that for a user at 1am on a Friday night.

He mentioned that the fix will be included in an upcoming release, but for now I imagine that a workaround for anyone else experiencing a blank Twitter feed would simply be to turn off the "Always use https" setting in your Twitter web settings.

yeah, these guys are good. affordable epic app + great support = awesome experience

how's your battery life? today when i was at 90% i had almost 1 hr usage and 6 hours standby

i went ahead and turned off all native notifications viewed in LS. well see how it goes for me

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Battery life has been surprisingly good?I thought ISX would chew it up. Instead, I've actually stopped checking my usage. I'm sure it uses it, but what can you do? If it isn't ridiculous, that's just the cost of such a full featured tweak. I will try to get some hard numbers for you though.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
i went ahead and turned off all native notifications viewed in LS. well see how it goes for me

If you're worried about missing things, another idea is to only turn off apps that get status bar icons in ISX: mail, SMS, and phone. For most people that covers most notifications but still alerts you to game/social media stuff.

That said, I've got them all off and it works great for me.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Battery life has been surprisingly good?I thought ISX would chew it up. Instead, I've actually stopped checking my usage. I'm sure it uses it, but what can you do? If it isn't ridiculous, that's just the cost of such a full featured tweak. I will try to get some hard numbers for you though.

agreed, sometimes you just gotta look at where you are at certain points of the day. in my case i used to think if i was at 75% by lunch time and around 50% by the time i left work i was doing good

now, since updating to 5.0.1 and the official release of ISX, it seems i am consistently around 90%-85% by the lunch hour and 75%-65% by the time i leave work. another thing is i have the ability/opportunity to bump charge at almost any time of the day. it seems like some people i know refuse to do this for some reason

honestly, i think these Deve have done a magnificent job with battery performance. it boggles my mind as to why some people are still talking about "major battery drains"

If you're worried about missing things, another idea is to only turn off apps that get status bar icons in ISX: mail, SMS, and phone. For most people that covers most notifications but still alerts you to game/social media stuff.

That said, I've got them all off and it works great for me.

someone suggested i load LI (beta of course) and use the default Popup Blocker. so Ashman updated that one and not the stand alone?? not too excited about loading all of that just for Popup blocker

anyways, i am going to give it a try with them all off first. plus it will give me another excuse to look at ISX more often?!