The pattern I've noticed is a few times while talking on the phone, on Safari or while its just sitting there.
    12-12-2011 09:48 AM
    I can reliably put my phone into Safe Mode due to a bug involving dismissing alarm popupsluckily it's easily avoidable
    just tried this myself and getting the same result. is Intelliborn aware of this?

great, i'll be obsessing about this now, but like you mentioned it IS avoidable
    12-12-2011 10:00 AM
    just tried this myself and getting the same result. is Intelliborn aware of this?

great, i'll be obsessing about this now, but like you mentioned it IS avoidable
    Not sure but I think it might actually be a problem with Popup Blocker; all I need to do is try to use my Home button to dismiss the alarm popup and it crashes to Safe Mode. It happens whether or not I invoke ISX.
    12-12-2011 11:53 AM
    Well I think I found the culprit. Still a little early but I believe it was Tiny Towers. Haven't had a respring since I uninstalled it. Usually I get at least one respring per 6 or so hours. It has been 12+ so far. Could have been because of the 24/7 notifications. If anything changes, I'll update.
    12-12-2011 01:01 PM
    Good luck and keep us updated. And by the way, there is still another update of ISX out right now. This one is a fix for the bug where your lockscreen would go dark immediately after you woke it from sleep.
    12-12-2011 07:11 PM
    Good because it's annoying lol
    12-12-2011 08:37 PM
    Agreed, however, since updating I now have to click my sleep button twice for it to put my device to sleep, and I'm reading a lot of reports that auto-dim and auto-lock don't work. (Testing mine now.)

Update: my dim/lock features work fine; it's just the sleep button behavior that's effected for me.
    Last edited by Massie; 12-12-2011 at 09:23 PM.
    12-12-2011 09:20 PM
    It was definitely Tiny Towers. I haven't had a respring/crash since. Been nearly an entire day. Good thing I guess. I was investing too much time into that ridiculous game!

Also, the latest update isn't letting my phone go into sleep mode automatically. I also have to press the sleep button twice. An update will probably be released soon.
    12-12-2011 09:48 PM
    I'd assume so too. If you want to try something before then, go into Settings and change your Auto-Lock time. I usually have it at 5 minutes but when I read about this bug I went in and changed it to 1 minute just to test things out. It worked fine, but it made me think that maybe the setting had to be changed once after the update for it to take effect.
    12-12-2011 10:17 PM
    yeah, my phone is not going into auto sleep either and i have ScreenDimmer, so the bug is overriding that too
    12-12-2011 10:34 PM
    ISX 1.2.5 is out; should fix this (at least by my experience). These guys are quick.
    12-12-2011 11:24 PM
    done & fixed! and yes they are, which is what some people do not understand when they complain about how much it costs. worth every cent!

can't believe some people are still asking for trial resets
    12-13-2011 12:27 AM
    Hi, I'm one of the developers for IntelliScreenX. Just a reminder for anyone experiencing crashes: They are by far our number one priority to fix. Crash Reporter from Cydia is a pretty good tool for sending them to us. As soon as we receive a crash log (that's something wrong with IntelliScreenX, of course), we can get the fix out the same day 99% of the time.

For example, the alarm popups thing: I'd love it if someone would show me a crash report for that problem. No one should have to "just avoid something" or "live with it" because it crashes.

However, almost all of the crash reports we receive don't have anything to do with IntelliScreenX. The easiest way to tell which tweak is at fault is to look in the crash report and look under backtrace for whichever thread crashed. Usually, it's thread 0 (the main thread), so it will say "Thread 0 Crashed:". Then whichever tweak comes up in the backtrace is usually at fault. Often there are multiple tweaks in there, and generally "whoever touched it last" (i.e., whoever appears nearer to the top of backtrace) is the tweak that has to be fixed to prevent the crash.

Sometimes, the backtrace is unclear because it says "Last Exception Backtrace" in which case a specialty tool is necessary to figure out what caused the crash. Other times, no tweaks appear in the backtrace and those are the hardest to figure out. That means some unknown tweak changed something and somewhere down the line caused Apple's code to crash (instead of right away). However, that last case is rare.
    BLiNK and Massie like this.
    12-13-2011 01:37 AM
    wow, thanks for stopping by! i know this may sound redundant but i cannot thank you guys enough for all the work put into this. the support you guys have shown since the first beta on has definitely put you leaps and bounds ahead of most Devs.*

right before ISX was released i was seriously contemplating staying stock and calling it good. then came along IntelliScreenX. this tweak alone has rejuvenated the excitement in jailbreaking again, for me and i am sure a lot of others as well

once again. thanks!
    12-13-2011 01:53 AM
    Agreed, great work and great support, which is everything in this game. Just emailed you crash/syslogs for the alarm alert bug. Hope they help!

(Edit: it seems to be a bug in Popup Blocker, and nothing to do with ISX. Thanks David!)
    Last edited by Massie; 12-13-2011 at 02:21 AM.
    12-13-2011 02:08 AM
    Ok....so knock on wood try #2. So far, 24hrs later and Crash Report is not reporting ANY crashes. Kinda funny how a small tweak for the notifier was causing all my issues.

@Planetbeing...thanks for stopping by and creating such a great app....truly awesome.

Bob
    12-13-2011 08:27 AM
    Just realized there is supposed to be a camera icon on the lockscreen but with ISX I don't see that?!? Does that happen for everyone? Is there a way to get it back?
    12-17-2011 05:10 PM
    Just realized there is supposed to be a camera icon on the lockscreen but with ISX I don't see that?!? Does that happen for everyone? Is there a way to get it back?
    The camera icon only shows up when you double click the Home button at the lockscreen. It's like that whether or not you're jailbroken, and has nothing to do with ISX.
    talkin73 likes this.
    12-17-2011 07:41 PM
    Greetings all, new to the forum but have been lurking and JBing for some time now. Bought this app and added the beta repo to get every little update and I must say this is the best investment in an app ever made!!

I'd like to know, since you can get rss feeds, how do I go about adding TiPb as a feed? Is there a specific URL that someone can point out to me so I can add it? I think it'd be much easier that going thru the TiPb app, wouldn't it?

Thanks all!!
    12-20-2011 12:03 AM
    Greetings all, new to the forum but have been lurking and JBing for some time now. Bought this app and added the beta repo to get every little update and I must say this is the best investment in an app ever made!!

I'd like to know, since you can get rss feeds, how do I go about adding TiPb as a feed? Is there a specific URL that someone can point out to me so I can add it? I think it'd be much easier that going thru the TiPb app, wouldn't it?

Thanks all!!
    i just added the TiPb feed to my google reader, which can be imported to the ISX feeds as well
    12-20-2011 11:40 PM
    Anyone know if there is a tweak for ISX for the ipod controls? Looking all over Cydia and and can't seem to find anything.

Bob
    12-21-2011 04:39 PM
    a lot of people have been requesting this feature natively but, as of now, it's a no go

i use MusicCenter for NotificationCenter. it is .99 and works great!

also you can tweet #NowPlaying and will allow you to @Mention

i have mine in my Top Shelf so it can be hidden easily when not being used
    talkin73 likes this.
    12-21-2011 04:48 PM
    The camera icon only shows up when you double click the Home button at the lockscreen. It's like that whether or not you're jailbroken, and has nothing to do with ISX.
    It's the simple things that make me smile
    12-21-2011 11:31 PM
    I had to reboot the other day and found that my iPhone was significantly faster without any JB tweaks/apps loaded and made me wonder what the culprit was that caused the lags... it could take 5 seconds for my iP4 to respond to a press of the Home button, 10 seconds to load apps, among other annoyances. After the reboot on my semi-tethered iP4 everything was so snappy it blew me away. I assumed it must be ISX so I uninstalled and resprung but no change. I then reinstalled it but turned off the theme CarbonPro and all elements associated with it in Winterboard. Wow! I've never had a theme slow down my iPhone that badly before. But, I still have all my apps and tweaks but no theme and everything is about as snappy as a stock iP4 with 5.0.1. Giving up the theme was a lot more palatable than losing ISX but I was getting frustrated with the lag. Glad ISX wasn't the culprit!
    12-22-2011 09:54 AM
    Do you know if they are going to put in a quote tweet function for twitter?
    12-23-2011 02:16 PM
304 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD