So I purchased this a few days ago since there have been so many great things said about this. I love the features but it has made my phone SO sluggish! Especially if I am using it from the lock screen. I go to compose a quick compose message via ISX not biteSMS and I can type in a full sentence for a text message yet nothing shows up...until like 10 seconds later. THEN all my text shows up. Anyone else having this issue? Same thing happens if I try to post a tweet.

I am at the point where I am about ready to uninstall and out $10

iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0
    12-04-2011 07:27 PM
    So I purchased this a few days ago since there have been so many great things said about this. I love the features but it has made my phone SO sluggish! Especially if I am using it from the lock screen. I go to compose a quick compose message via ISX not biteSMS and I can type in a full sentence for a text message yet nothing shows up...until like 10 seconds later. THEN all my text shows up. Anyone else having this issue? Same thing happens if I try to post a tweet.

iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0
    Yeah I'm having the sluggish issue! I uninstalled all my other tweaks just to make sure they were not causing conflicts with Isx, but that didn't help! Sometimes it takes up to 5 or more seconds for Isx to even slide down!
    12-04-2011 08:04 PM
    No problems at all here...also on an iP4 running 5.0. ISX runs like a charm!
    12-04-2011 08:08 PM
    Can anyone tell me what the field right under the address bar is for? (The one with the blue + sign.) It only shows up for some contacts but I can't figure out what it's for. It seems like I can add more addresses to it but if I click the + sign it just closes Messages+.

i experienced the same but it was in the earlier betas. it is no longer there for me v1.1.111
    12-04-2011 08:42 PM

iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0
    Yeah I'm having the sluggish issue! I uninstalled all my other tweaks just to make sure they were not causing conflicts with Isx, but that didn't help! Sometimes it takes up to 5 or more seconds for Isx to even slide down!
    never an issue here as well. however, i've seen a lot of people complain about this but never a concrete solution. I did see one person mention the following method and it worked:

removed ISX

Reset Network Settings on device

tethered reboot

reinstall ISX

... it's worth a try
    Last edited by BLiNK; 12-04-2011 at 09:08 PM.
    12-04-2011 08:49 PM
    never an issue here as well. however, i've seen a lot of people complain about this but never a concrete solution. I did see one person mention the following method and it worked:

removed ISX

Reset Network Settings on device

tethered reboot

reinstall ISX

... it's worth a try
    Indeed it is! Thanks for the tip!

I just went ahead and followed the steps and so far it seems to be behaving much better!!! Pshew!!

Thanks again!! I really wanted to love this app as much as the next and now I just might be able to!

12-04-2011 09:30 PM
    i think i figured this one out. this morning i sent a text message to my local radio station and my contact info for them has a lot of characters in it and this appeared. so i think what is happening, by default, it automatically moves down for another contact to be added when there are "x" characters on the first line

Can anyone tell me what the field right under the address bar is for? (The one with the blue + sign.) It only shows up for some contacts but I can't figure out what it's for. It seems like I can add more addresses to it but if I click the + sign it just closes Messages+.

12-05-2011 09:20 AM
    AHA! I think you nailed it, thanks.
    12-05-2011 09:39 AM
    um, i think the devs took a little break?..
    12-06-2011 08:53 PM
    now that i have had ISX for a while now here are some things that are starting to bother me:

• no statusbar icon for the "other" notifications. i feel like i should not have to add another tweak just for this, call me crazy

• the lack of notice when a Reminder or Calendar event is received. for example: if i have my Reminder or Calendar sections collapsed, and i happen to miss the tone for either one, the only way i'll know if there was a notification is if i see the "x" to the right of the section. maybe this would fall under the category of the above. either way it's kind of frustrating.
      the only workaround i have found is to set my Lock Screen Alert Behavior > Hide ISX For Alerts > to ON, which is no good when i do not want the others to Hide ISX

other than those i have been pretty pleased with it and the support is superb. it's hard for me to believe that people are still having issues with it. which clearly it is another app/tweak conflicting and they have not taken the time to troubleshoot
    12-07-2011 11:42 AM
    That sums it up for me except I'd also love the ability to change the background at lockscreen.
    12-07-2011 01:43 PM
    I also would like to be able to pick which calendars are shown in the calendar section. Right now even if I do not have my Calendar app set to display certain calendars, they ALL show up in ISX which is annoying. I'd also like to be able to see my calendar without having to get notifications from it. I'm using CalAlarm which has a great snooze feature built in and it shows alerts in my NC. In order to have my Calendar show up, I have to have the alerts show as well so I'm getting double alerts. Not a huge problem and beats the alternative of no alert at all.
    12-07-2011 10:19 PM
    Knock on wood...uninstalled ISX, reset, rebooted and reinstalled....so far so good. No odd resprings and ISX is a lot more responsive on the lockscreen.

Bob
    12-08-2011 09:18 AM
    Spoke to soon......3x today, its just sitting there and I only have the ipod running on it then boom...respring. I've unloaded almost everything. Can a theme or lock slider cause issues? There both just simple and plain.

Bob
    12-09-2011 04:12 PM
    Spoke to soon......3x today, its just sitting there and I only have the ipod running on it then boom...respring. I've unloaded almost everything. Can a theme or lock slider cause issues? There both just simple and plain.

Bob
    i guess it's possible. there were a couple of updates today in their beta repo. have you tried that?
    12-10-2011 02:08 AM
    man, v1.1.113 is definitely a performance booster!
    12-10-2011 03:08 AM

Bob
    What else do you have installed from Cydia? (Including theme names etc.)
    I'd consider installing Crash Reporterwhen things like this happen it will give you a detailed history of the crash AND a list of apps that are likely responsible.
    Last edited by Massie; 12-10-2011 at 04:37 AM.
    12-10-2011 04:32 AM
    I've also been getting random resprings/crashes. So frustrating.
    12-10-2011 07:16 PM
    Is there a reason you suspect ISX in particular? And there's an update in Cydia right now you might try.
    12-10-2011 07:18 PM
    ISX is probably my most intensive JB app that's running 24/7. The other app that it may be would most likely be Springtomize 2. However, I only have Task Manager Editing Enabled. Any idea what 1.2.2 changed?
    12-10-2011 07:27 PM
    Crash Reporter is reporting the Tertiary Suspects as:
    IntelliScreenXUtility.dylib
    MailDataProvider
    12-10-2011 08:07 PM
    @Jes7r...same here.

I have the Black UPS theme installed with a skull slider installed.

I now have crash report installed and did read the last report that was available. I read the report and one thing that was mentioned was "powercenter". Its a tweek I had for the iOS5 pulldown window. I removed it, but somehow I doubt it was it. I am getting the same things as Jes7r also.

Bob
    12-11-2011 08:55 PM
    hopefully you guys are sending your crash logs to Intelliborn: support@intelliborn.com
    12-11-2011 10:31 PM
    I sent it in. Hopefully they fix it quickly. Wonder if it's the theme. I'm gonna try turning that off. If it works I'll post an update.
    12-12-2011 12:23 AM
    Have you noticed a pattern as to when it happens? For instance, I can reliably put my phone into Safe Mode due to a bug involving dismissing alarm popupsluckily it's easily avoidableso you might be able to at least isolate the action that triggers it, even if the bug itself remains.
    12-12-2011 07:17 AM
304 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD