I can't find any particular answer to this - I'm sure it's buried somewhere but I spent 10 minutes looking around and figured it would be easier just to ask.

I've jailbroken my iphones before, and today I traded in my Galaxy Tab for an iPad 2. I've seen in various places that there is no jailbreak (tehtered or untethered) for iPad 2 5.0. Is this true?

So, I thought I would try to go back to the old software and just go to jailbreakme and do it that way. But maybe I don't know how to go back to the old software. I downloaded a couple ipsw's from the interwebs and tried to install them using iTunes. No luck, so I tried using RedSn0w to put it in DFU mode, and Redsn0w said it was incompatible for iPad. So what can I do? Am I stuck until someone jailbreaks 5.0 for iPad 2?
    11-13-2011 04:14 PM
    The short and simple answer is that you are stuck waiting like the rest of us. There is no option to go back to an older version.
    11-13-2011 05:20 PM
    Am I stuck until someone jailbreaks 5.0 for iPad 2?
    Yep. I'm in the same boat with the iPhone 4s. It sucks, but there's not much you can do.
    11-13-2011 06:44 PM
    So if I had bought it back when I SHOULD have at the beginning of the semester before 5.0 came out, I could have done it, but now I'm stuck?
    11-14-2011 01:46 PM
    You needed to buy one when 4.3.3 was the norm. I had purchased one at the time and was glad I did. I wanted to get one for my fiance, too, but had waited until after 4.3.5 came out. I was in Bangkok at the time and was lucky enough to find a reseller that had one iPad 2 that still had 4.3.3 on it. I think I was very lucky.

I've since upgraded hers to 5.0 since she couldn't care less about a jailbreak. There are some nice new features with 5.0, but I still prefer mine that is on 4.3.3 jailbroken. If and when they come out with a jailbreak for 5.0 I'll be able to test it out to see if it's worth upgrading mine. It's taking quite a long time, though. I'm trying to be optimistic, but it's hard.

Mike
    11-14-2011 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD