So i had an Iphone 4 and upgraded to the 4S. i had jailbroken the 4 and used it for about a year. Once IOS5 came out i upgraded and didn't jailbreak. I ran unjailbroken 5.0 for a while and then sold it. I had plugged it in to Itunes and restored it to Factory. I then sold it and when the person went to activate it he said Verizon could tell it had been jailbroken and that it wouldnt activate.

I had jailbroke it under the knowledge i just had to restore in itunes to get it back to normal. What am i missing. He is returning the phone to me tonight so i can see whats up with it. Did i not restore it correctly. I am hoping to sell it again but i need to make sure its good before that
    11-08-2011 09:27 PM
    Verizon won't not activate because a phone is jailbroken. You can activate by dialing *228 on the phone. You don't even have to go to Verizon. Something doesn't sound right with this story.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-08-2011 09:32 PM
    Thats what im saying lol. It also didnt help he i believe called straight to Tech support and when that didnt work went into verizon to try to activate and he told me that he will be needing his money back because they said it was obviously jailbroken.

I had restored it in itunes by clicking restore. Do i need to do the hold home button/lock button and then restore method? or should just clicking that work?

Also got an update stating while he was in the store he realized he was eligible for an upgrade and just ended up getting a new one for $150... I think he's full of it so once i get the phone back im going to check with verizon on my end
    11-08-2011 09:35 PM
    That's bogus you can't tell it was JB

It's like formatting a hd with windows xp and installing windows 7 ..

I bet he didn't even try to activate it the phone activates by esn that is the same JB or not

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-08-2011 09:54 PM
    I wouldnt take the phone back. Deal is done. No refunds. All sales final.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-08-2011 10:11 PM
    I would go to the Verizon store with him. Hand the phone to an employee and simply ask if they can tell you if the phone has ever been jailbroken. If asked, just say you bought it off eBay and was curious (or some stupid story, they won't care). I guarantee they will say they can't tell.

I've sent phones for exchange through AppleCare, unrelated to JB'd, and never had a problem. All I did was restore as new before sending it in.

I call BS on the guy. He's just trying to bail on a deal.
    11-09-2011 12:00 AM
    Ya I agree tell him to meet you in a Verizon store to help him activate it
    If he don't want to them tell him no refund

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-09-2011 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD