Hi Guys,

Some serious help needed.

My problem is that I bought a second hand iPhone 3GS from my mate. (I don't know if the phone has ever been Jailbroken or Unlocked).

Well I basically updated the phone to iOS 5 and took out my sim card. Now the phone will not recognise the sim card and shows "No Service". I cannot even activate the phone.

Im needing kinda step by step help on how to fix this problem. I searched the internet and tried a few things but nothing has sorted it.

I have jailbroke phones before using instructions so i am pretty computer literate.

I am currently running Windows so i cannot use any Mac based programs.

I am desperate to fix this problem as i am stuck without a phone.

Thanks in advance.
    Corkyefes.
    11-07-2011 10:03 AM
    I got same probelm...i just posted somewhere else yesterday ...

I have and a 3gs that had the old 3.1.3 firmware on it, but it froze and by accident it got updated to the latest version ios5. I'm pretty sure it was jailbroken/unocked untethered b4. Now i am having SERIOUS signal problems. Ill get full bars for a min and then keeps searching for signal.

Firmware : 05.16.05
    Ios 5 (9A334)

It's pretty much a useless old ipod touch right now. And i really need a working phone for obvious reasons. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty new to all of this, i had a friend jail break/unlock it 2 yrs ago and I never updated it (prob only connected it to a cpu abt 10 times in 2 yrs)

I read up and saw the bet bet is to update firware to the ipad one, which disables gps (but i don't have a data plan and really have no use for it)
    11-07-2011 04:56 PM
    When you updated you lost your unlock ..
    And basband was updated to one that can not be unlocked yet

I have never tried but you might able to do a tethered JB with redsnow and then update the bb to 6.15.00 ( lose gps) then use ultra snow in Cydia

Tethered JB means anytime u need to restart phone I need a computer to help boot it

Since u can't activate I would use snowbreeze to make a custom Ipsw and have it activate for you this will JB also then use redsnow to update the bb

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-07-2011 05:50 PM
    When you updated you lost your unlock ..
    And basband was updated to one that can not be unlocked yet

I have never tried but you might able to do a tethered JB with redsnow and then update the bb to 6.15.00 ( lose gps) then use ultra snow in Cydia

Tethered JB means anytime u need to restart phone I need a computer to help boot it

Since u can't activate I would use snowbreeze to make a custom Ipsw and have it activate for you this will JB also then use redsnow to update the bb

I guess thats my only option now...thanks for you help
    Also, would u be able to post a link to how I can do all of this step by step? I've personally never used any of those programs (redsnow/snowbreeze/ipsw), but i have an idea of what they essentially do. thanks
    11-08-2011 09:34 PM
    Try iclairified.com and use the guide and JB links

11-08-2011 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD