my conspiracy theory..

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
it seems like that last 3 major iOS update releases Apple has had to come back with an emergency update to help with battery performance.. would i be crazy to think that the initial release was set up in a manner knowing that they (Apple) would have to update soon after to "help with battery performance". or is it mainly to immediately patch exploits that were easily found and used with an Untethered Jailbreak??

which might easily explain why the Untethered is not out right away. as if the Cat & Mouse game has reached a level of a rousing chess match

maybe my suspicions and paranoia are getting the best of me haha!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Not everyone is having issues with iOS 5.0. The battery life on mine along with everything else on my 4S on 5.0 is perfect. I can't see Apple deliberately creating issues with their iOS versions in order to come out with an update at a later time just to remove a persons jailbreak. Think about it for a sec, that would ruin the experience for those who don't JB as well.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, your paranoia is making you stupid...

Yeah, but just because you are not paranoid, it doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you! :)

BLiNK, I have wondered the same thing, myself. It is definitely a cat & mouse game between Apple and the jailbreak developers... but you might be a bit over the top with your assessment...

or not :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Actually you guys need to think about it. There are people having battery issues, the beta for iOS 5 lists battery life as a fix. So whether they did it on purpose or not none of us would know. Whether it happens because they did it purposely or it happened because of a bug it still affects user experiences. So it's not that far of a stretch to think they could purposely do it. Anything is possible, just like them hiring a JB dev.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Is the apple JB developer plot to try to trick the JB team haha ...

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk